Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Lower my 99 accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Default Lower my 99 accord

I just got 18"s and wanna drop it a few.. how hard is it to drop it ? can i do it myself ? what all does this do to my car as far as stability and crash rating-- will it lower that ?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Default RE: Lower my 99 accord

Dropping a car yourself isn't too difficult. I'm still a newbie when it comes to automobiles. I onlyknow the basics and what not. I'd suggest get a buddy or two to help you out. Make sure before you even start that you're confident enough to finish the job and don't give up if you get stuck.....you probably can ask on here if you come across a problem.

A good friend of mine had a '98 Accord & the both of us installed drop springs ourselves on his car. First time we ever dropped a car. Before you begin make sure you have all the right tools & the one thing we did a lot of was research on how to actually do the project. It was pretty fun , took us a few hours, but we got the job done. You seem to appreciate something more when you DIY.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to complete the job! As far as the crash rating and all, I have no clue, maybe some other member/moderator can comment on that. I just know the handling/cornering becomes better when the car is lowered. Also, you have that "sport" look. You might wanna get a camber kit also.

Just remember, I'm no expert & only giving you my opinion & experience. Have fun and let us know what you decide!