Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Acccord2448
Unregistered
Default Lowering

Okay I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4Dr V6 and I am planning on dropping it pretty soon. I am getting the B&G lowering springs which are $240, and they are going to drop 1.6 inches in the front and back. I picked this set of coils because it will drop front and back evenly but i was wondering if my stock shocks could handle it. I dont drive the car hard doing it more for looks than anything else. But if i do need to put new shocks/shock absorbers can anyone give me some information about which ones would do the job?

Last edited by Acccord2448; 09-15-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Acccord2448
Okay I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4Dr V6 and I am planning on dropping it pretty soon. I am getting the B&G lowering springs which are $240, and they are going to drop 1.6 inches in the front and back. I picked this set of coils because it will drop front and back evenly but i was wondering if my stock shocks could handle it. I dont drive the car hard doing it more for looks than anything else. But if i do need to put new shocks/shock absorbers can anyone give me some information about which ones would do the job?
It is always recommended to purchase aftermarket shocks after installing aftermarket springs because stock shocks aren't built to handle the lowered chassis. I'd suggest some Tokico HP aka Tokico Blues, Tokico Illuminas or Koni "Yellows", but the Koni's are a bit pricey. Those are some options. Please feel free to ask any other question as I know that suspension is a tricky subject.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Administrator
Talking Hi Member

I surely would also get a set of new shocks for your new coilovers..

Old 09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Acccord2448
Unregistered
Default Shocks

Okay thanks for quick reply, i looked around and found these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...=p4506.c0.m245

This is something that should work isnt it? It drops the car about the same and the shocks and springs come together.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Acccord2448
Okay thanks for quick reply, i looked around and found these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...=p4506.c0.m245

This is something that should work isnt it? It drops the car about the same and the shocks and springs come together.
The main issue with those spring and shock packages is that many times they include "no-name" springs. I'm not familiar with the brand of springs that package comes with and you might not be satisfied with their comfort or drop. Have you bought the springs u said you were going to buy or not yet?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Acccord2448
Unregistered
Default Drop

No i have not purchased those springs yet, but the ebay set has Tokico Springs but Springtech Shocks, which im not familier with Springtech also. But it does say it will drop 1.6 in front and 1.7 in back and i looked up springtech springs and not to much information on them so not to sure what to do.. However i do not wanna put crap on my car, even if im kinda on a tight budget, so ill take it in steps and purchase springs now than later shocks, plus installation i heard is about 200. So the B&G Springs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-G-B...=p4506.c0.m245 would be a good fit if i am going to buy the springs and shocks seperate.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 PM

i personally wouldnt lower my car that much on stock shocks or w/out a camber kit. do one or the other but both are best. imo, lowering about 1 inch or so looks really good on later model accords. thus, HFP is my pick, and you end up getting honda reliability.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Never heard of B&G springs, wouldn't buy them myself. Get a name brand product and you won't be disappointed. Also, google "suspension FAQ 2.0" and give it a read through.

Camber kits are NOT NECESSARY, but are nice to bring the alignment back to factory spec. Toe spec is what will eat your tires, I know plenty of people running -3º camber and putting 30k on performance tires.

NOT NICE TO PUT SOME PRODUCT THAT SOMEONE HAS BOUGHT AND CALL IT JUNK) is overpriced junk sold to people who don't know any better. Not saying they're bad, (but you just called it JUNK FINCH) but definitely not worth the money. Especially since you could get Koni Sport shocks and a great set of springs with better quality for the same price or even a decent coilover setup.

Last edited by WheelBrokerAng; 09-26-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Please watch your wording and meanings, makes for fighting words when you do that in the forums...
Old 09-25-2009, 09:08 AM

I'm thinking of getting the Eibach Pro-kit and have not made my mind up on the shocks...I just know that ever since I have stepped up the brakes, it does not go well with the suspension. Not sure if I will replace the sway bars, I would like to, but we'll see. I'm only upgrading parts as they wear out, I don't feel like wasting money on upgrading the car if it doesn't need the new parts.

Speaking of which, when do the shocks start to go? I have 60k miles, mostly highway, I was thinking of waiting to about 70-80k miles for new shocks...thoughts?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

usually go out round 150-200k if that

Quick Reply: Lowering