Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Lowering a 94 accord

Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Tomany?sToAsk
Unregistered
Default Lowering a 94 accord

So i bought some neuspeed 1.75" drop springs for my accord and was preparing to put them on this last sunday when my mechanic who was helping me said i had a "modified a" and i needed a lowering camber kit or camber kit in general,... in order to lower my car. I was looking up how much camber kits cost and saw anywhere from 60- to 100$.

Question 1: What type of camber kit do i need? Is it any or does it need to be specified for lowering?
Question 2: Would ones off ebay be ok for this or do i need to drop the big $ which i already did on the springs, so if i can get away going cheaper on this i would like to.

Let me know, and any other info or tips are more then welcome!

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 PM

I assume you haven't actually put the springs on which is good for now.
My question is are you still running stock shocks?? with stock shocks those springs will probably ride bouncy and generally kinda bad. they will also kill your shocks pretty fast.

camber wise it depends on the car but that drop will probably give you too much camber. tires will bow out too much and they will wear very quickly on the inside. I do recommend a kit just not a cheap ebay kit. i would say get adjustable ball joints for the front and just use washers for the rear. you just need longer bolts for the rear upper control arms and the washers to adjust.

you can check out tirerack dot com or tasauto dot com for parts for your car.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

You don't need a camber kit. Camber is not the biggest tire killer, toe is. Once lowered, let the springs settle for a few hundred miles and get an alignment, make sure you get before and after specs printed out for you. If you're unhappy with the camber, get one for the rear only. Front camber doesn't change as drastically as the rear when you lower it.

I can list out a bazillion of Accord owners running -3º of camber in back without the horrible tire wear everyone speaks of.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 AM

after reading your post finch i did some more research myself, makes me wonder whats really wearing my tires out in the back now. :/

OP: go with what finch has recommended. An alignment is the only real way you can tell what your suspension is doing. good luck!