Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Lowering Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Default Lowering Options

I currently own a 95 Accord, 2dr 4 cylinder. Completly Stock (Minus the Predlude Si Seats)

I am looking to add some 17" Wheels and tires, and eliminate the fender gap.

Whats the best option for adding that size wheel and tire? Do i need to go with a coilover system, or just some basic lowering springs? Also would I need to change the control arm set?

Also If I decided to add the wheels and tires first, would the stock suspension handle the wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Default RE: Lowering Options

First of all, nice sig but thats not your car is it???

Lowering springs- PROS: affordable, easy to install
CONS: rough ride, cant adjust height

Fully adjustable coilovers- PROS: height adjustment, smoother ride than lowering springs
CONS: pricey, most likely will need a camber kit

I suggest coilovers for the height adjustment and will last way longer than lowering springs... Lowering springs will make your ride rough and even rougher as time goes on.

And yes your stock suspension can handle the wheels/tires... Go ahead and put em on

Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Thanks, But no its not my car. A friend of mine made me the sig. I dont know where he got the pics at.

Thanks for the info on the suspension. I am going to definitely go with a coil over set.

One thing...The coil over sets that are all over ebay for like 40 bucks, are those any good or not? I would like to make sure I have good quality parts of a cheap knock off.

&

Thanks for the info about the wheels and tires. I was afraid that the base of the tower (Where the bottom of the springs sit) would be in the way of the wheels and tires. Now I can go and get my new set.

Anyone seen a 95 accord with wheels with a decent size lip on them?
These are what I plan on putting on my black accord.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 PM

Ummmm, I dont think we're are talkin about the same coilovers. I think your looking at coilover sleeves. Complete coilovers run from $500-1300. Im talkin about some like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-30-2008, 08:15 PM

Oh I see. I got ya.

When I get to the point where I am going to do that, I will definiatly get the set like you are takling about!

Back on the wheels question. I wont have to modify anything to get those 17" wheels and tires to fit on my car?

I know you said they would, I just making sure.

thanks for all the info.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 PM

As long as you have the right lug pattern, the wheels/tires will fit fine with stock suspension...

Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 PM

Thank you very much, you have helped me tremendously! If you ever need any PC help. Send me a pm. Thats what I am really good at.

LOL

Thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 10:26 PM

Don't buy coilovers or springs on ebay unless they are authentic known name brands.
You are going to have to lower the car to get ride of the gap because getting 17's, 18's, 19's, etc.. will not get ride of the gap alone. I suggest getting coilovers since you have the option of adjusting the height to your liking.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:57 PM

If I go lowering springs, I will more than likely go with TEIN Lowering Springs. I have heard decent things about them.
Otherwise I will buck up and pay the money to get a good set of coils overs.
I know that the wheel size will not fill the fender gap, But The 17" Wheels in conjunction with the lowering should fill the gap nice, and allow my car to be lower to the ground.
I thought about getting 18"' wheels but I don't wand to make the engine have to push bigger wheels if its not necessary.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: hitek85

I thought about getting 18"' wheels but I don't wand to make the engine have to push bigger wheels if its not necessary.
J-man.. you had 18's then you got 19's if im not mistaken... could you tell much of a difference as far as the wheel weight effectingaccel and that ?

Quick Reply: Lowering Options