Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Lowering springs for everyday driving...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Accord20025spd
Unregistered
Default Lowering springs for everyday driving...

I have a 2002 4dr with 5spd. I want to get rid of the wheel gap. What is the best springs that lower evenly. I have had other cars and when I lowered the car the front did not look even or balanced to the rear. What i mean is that it looked like the rear was lowered more than the front. I want to avoid this. I don't want a race drop where my car will behave like a pogo stick. I saw some H&R spring that lowers 1.2 in the rear and 1.5 in the front. Will my car look balanced after this drop. The p/n is 51853. Any suggestions are appreciated. I want to go with a well known brand. Thanks,

Old 02-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Default RE: Lowering springs for everyday driving...

I'm a big fan of H&R springs but I think the easiest way to get the even drop that you want is to get a set of height adjustable coilovers. If you just want to do springs then I think the H&R would be a good setup, don't forget your camber kit though.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Accord20025spd
Unregistered

Thanks for the info. I am trying to keep the cost down. I think the coilovers will be very expensive. I would like to just go with the springs.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Almost A Senior Member

well like you said on your subject title.."everyday" the ride would be much smoother if you had the whole setup, struts/shocks, and the springs..the whole coilover set is costly but essential..but if your just want to lower it..springs are ok..and h&r is a good brand to

Old 02-01-2008, 02:58 PM

I agree, if you want a good brand that is inexpensive then H&R would be great, if you want to save a little more money Neuspeed springs are ok but not as good as H&R but you can get the same ride height results.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:06 PM

If you wanna know how to get your car to sit even, measure thegap from the top, middle of the tire straight upto the fender on all 4. Then you will know how much of drop to apply to even things up. The front should be a lil higher than the back... For instance lets say your back gap was 2.25", and your front gap was 2.75"(I doubt your numbers will be this even but im just giving an example). So if you get lowering springs that lower the back 1.25" it will now have a gap of (2.25-1.25=1" GAP)... So now you need a 1.75" drop in the front to even it out with the back (2.75-1.75=1" GAP)

As for springs I have heard good things with Eibach and Tien...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM

get coilovers, it's worth the money
you wont regret it!
because sometimes you drop the car and end up not liking it because it sits too low or too high, so you can adjust it.
and it rides really nice for everyday driving, but it's also stiff enough for hard cornering.
plus, tein coilovers come with the bumpstops, so you dont have to remove the stock ones or cut them.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: thunder_x

get coilovers, it's worth the money
you wont regret it!
because sometimes you drop the car and end up not liking it because it sits too low or too high, so you can adjust it.
and it rides really nice for everyday driving, but it's also stiff enough for hard cornering.
plus, tein coilovers come with the bumpstops, so you dont have to remove the stock ones or cut them.
i love using forums, because i get to broaden my knowledge of cars..so heres my next question..what are "bumpstops"

Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 AM

secondary springs

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5/f9d8e6ba.jpg

here's a much better pic

http://users.bigpond.net.au/burnin/S...ocks%20sml.jpg

it's that small rubber part on top

Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have the same springs you listed on some stock shocks. Very nice ride.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs for everyday driving...