Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

need Suggestions for my suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Default need Suggestions for my suspension...

hey guys...

ive been hearing squeeking sound when i drive over bumps with my car and i am pretty sure its my suspension system...im not really familiar with the suspensions systems that i need so here i am needing opinions/suggestions for my suspension system...im planning on changing all for suspensions...

i have a tight budget($0-$200)...can you guys help me out with this...

thanks..

Old 05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: need Suggestions for my suspension...

Squeeking makes me think bushings, if so, you might be able to get new ones presses in for $200, but I highly doubt it.

Anything else is about $175 for springs, $400 for shocks, $200 for camber kits, plus the bushings I mentioned.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Almost A Senior Member

when my car was squeaking ; turned out my front left shock blew out..check them, if any of your struts is covered with oil..

Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 PM

do i need chamber kit for my 94' honda accord ex i4? cuz i thought it didnt have chamber...well thats what i think i read...but i dont really know...

so if i want to change my suspension then i would have to buy the shocks, springs, and maybe the chamber? i dont really know much bout suspension and so i dont know what to look for in these things...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:13 AM

anything over 1" drop needs a camber kit on the rear for sure. I had Eibach Pro-Kits and they got the front camber back to spec, but the rear camber was negative and they adjusted them as much as possible to get them close to spec. They were still off, but the amount was negligible for tire wear concerns.

It really depends on how low you plan on going. Usually an inch or less you can reuse the stock shocks, anything more you're going to be paying the full shebang. If you're only looking to drop and play your cards right, DIY'ing the Eibach springs will get you lowered for $200, it did for me :-)

Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM

ok.. i see that it would really cost alot..

but i really want to replace my full suspension system so... more...(i guess i have to save first..LOL)

so im planning on just having maybe 1" drop for now...maybe get adjustable shocks??

what complete suspension set(at a reasonable price) would you guys recommend for my car? cuz i dont know alot bout suspensions..what to look for, and etc...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 PM

I could get you that 1" drop... I have Eibach Pro-Kits with about 6,000 miles on them if you want them. I'm willing to part with them for $150 without shocks and $200 with shocks+ shipping from 55129 if you want.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:17 PM

$200 for all of them?like springs and shocks for all 4 wheels? would that fit my 94 accord ex vtec w/o having to modify some parts?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:22 PM

Perfect fit. You would get everything I have since I don't havea 5th gen anymore:

- (4) Springs (on the struts)
- (4) Struts
- Orginial Eibach box
- Documentation (if I can find it)

They fit a 94-97 4cyl coupe/sedan with a 1.2" drop.

I'll post pictures when I get home so you can see them.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:12 PM

both the springs and struts are Eibach? is the drop hieght changable...like if i just want 1" drop and not the full 1.2" drop...

Quick Reply: need Suggestions for my suspension...