Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

NRG Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Default Suspension Help

Anyone heard of them? Ride quality? Drop?

Last edited by Sweagle02; 04-17-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I'd shop for something else. It's easier to name how much you want to spend total on everything than to pick and choose brands.

NRG is like the knock-off brand of the real stuff. It's not bad, but you could get something better for the same price.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by finch13
I'd shop for something else. It's easier to name how much you want to spend total on everything than to pick and choose brands.

NRG is like the knock-off brand of the real stuff. It's not bad, but you could get something better for the same price.
Ya i know what you're saying man. This shall turn into a suggestion thread then lol.

I live in Miami and at times it floods in hurricane season so I get really worried about lowering the ride. Coilovers would be perfect but they're very very expensive =/ you get what you pay for.

I was looking at some springs, mainly Tanabe DF210 or Tein S-Techs on stock shocks for a while until I'd buy the aftermarket shocks.

It's time to work on suspension guys. Let your opinions run freeeeeee!!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 PM

Well, like I said, if you throw out what you want to spend on the final product, it makes it a lot easier, and because I have a 6th gen as well, I know it pretty well.

Tein Basic coilovers start at about $600, plus a rear camber kit @ $150, so that's a $750 full suspension, add $100 for a TL-S rear sway and that's a nice setup.

Flooding... just don't drive I guess. There are plenty on people in Florida, mostly in Miami too, that are SLAMMED! I drive tucking tire in the snow and it's never really caused a problem.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 PM

My $0.02:

On a tight budget: I had dropzone springs on my accord for a while,before i got my Skunk 2 springs.I never got around to upgrading the struts but the ride quality was good,with an alignment of course.

Living in miami,all you have to worry about is speed bumps and construction everywhere.Water is not an issue as much.

I have Tien S techs (greens) on my P5 now along with tien struts. Ride quality is superb.Best handling i've had on any of my cars.

Setting a budget is key on having a good suspension setup.Springs and struts are not the only things to work on suspension.

Edit: I know a supplier of dropzone springs personally, for a great price...if you choose to go that route.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:53 PM

Ang is your personal supplier? haha, Ground Control are good too, quality Eibach Springs...

Budget is key... my setup is at $1200 at the moment, and it's not even done or coilovers.

Keep an eye out in the 6GA for sale section for springs and shocks, I bet you could get a full setup with camber for $500 or less, shipped to your door.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by finch13
Ang is your personal supplier? haha, Ground Control are good too, quality Eibach Springs...
Touche.

I can get Eibachs at my job for cheap(er) too. I should become a vendor.lol

Old 04-17-2009, 12:19 AM

Thanks for all the opinions guys and I understand suspension isn't supposed to be a cheap mod. I hate when people cheap out on important things like that. I'm looking to spend maybe 200 max on springs and 250 max on shocks but like I said, I'ma stay on stock shocks for a while. Unless I find good coilovers fora good price I doubt I'll go that way. The Tein S-Techs with the Tein struts is soundin like a pretty good setup about now but I'll wait for any more opinions.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:22 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Good luck getting struts for $250.

KYB AGX are about $225 for the front pair and the same for the rear.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Administrator
Wink Ang Knows Drop Zone 's

Just ask him so....

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails NRG Coilovers?-dropzone-springs.jpg   NRG Coilovers?-dz-coilovers.jpg  

Quick Reply: NRG Coilovers?