Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

OEM VS AFTERMARKET SPRING QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Default OEM VS AFTERMARKET SPRING QUESTION

Guys..I have a 98 5 speed accordEX which i love. I want to go alitttle tighter on the suspention sowhat i need to know is there after market spring that will give me better proformance but not lower the car. ( dont want to have to deal with camber kits ect ) I looked at at the ebiech proline/ kyb setup but it still seems like that lil dropcould put me into playing around with the camber. Any sugestions would be real helpful!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: OEM VS AFTERMARKET SPRING QUESTION

Eibach Pro-Kits are great... keep in mind the lower you go, the tighter the suspension is going to get. Spring manufacturers are not going to make a stiffer spring without lowering the car as well, because lower center of gravity means even more handling performance. Messing with camber is not too bad... I picked up an SPC rear kit for $160 and I'm all set.

I'm dropped on H&R Race/Koni Sports with about a 2.4F/2R drop. Eitherway, when you lower the car, you should get it aligned to get at least the toe in spec, front camber is adjustable, rear is not, so really only a rear kit is needed. Wicked Tuning also makes a cheaper, but decent rear kit as well.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 PM

I want to go with the proline/ gr2 package but what I didnt want is to have to replace tires every few thousand miles and also dont want the ride too harsh but I do want some improvement on the handling side. Im trying to come up with a happy medium. From what your saying.. an alianment will take care of most of the problems and I may just have to get a camber kit for the back? Will they adjust the front camber also or is that done by someone else?

Old 12-20-2008, 04:34 PM

Yes an alignment shop will fix the camber on the front if they can,...get the rear camber kit,and get the car aligned..should be fine from then.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Like I said, I'm dropped 2.4"+ in the front and my camber is on spec.

Your tires will wear like they would normally at any height, as long as you have the alignment in spec (toe, camber, caster, few other things). Just make sure you're getting a full four-wheel alignment.

Heres my setup:

H&R Race: $240
Koni Sports: $580
SPC Rear Camber: $160
TOTAL: $980

plus some other stuff, but this is what you will need.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:41 AM

man i love our stock suspension except for the 17 mm rear sway other than that i havent needed to go aftermarket even with my boost

Old 12-21-2008, 08:54 AM

^
Name:  LolWut.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  35.4 KB

Old 12-21-2008, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: skatingclaybird

man i love our stock suspension except for the 17 mm rear sway other than that i havent needed to go aftermarket even with my boost

Then you haven never EVER driven a car with suspension mods.

When does boost warrant a suspension upgrade? lol.

The stock suspension is horrible, handles poorly, extreme body roll for a car that small. Even a simple pair or Eibach Pro-Kits on stock dampers makes a huuuuuge difference. Feeling is believing, son.

And I agree with cjdm...

Old 12-22-2008, 08:22 AM

stock accord suspension almost killed me twice.

After I installed the Tein SS coilovers, Comptech anti-sways, tie bar, strut bar and Yoko rubber, it felt much better.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM

Lol Does this kid ever stop? Yea my stock suspension does fine even after I dropped in my bi turbo LS-1. I can't even begin to imagine why someone would mess with a honda suspension...

Oh can you please, please stop giving out wrong and helplessly sad information, it just makes you look like a douche, a big one at that.

Quick Reply: OEM VS AFTERMARKET SPRING QUESTION