Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Ordered my EBay Strut Bar Today

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Ordered my EBay Strut Bar Today

ORIGINAL: pwilkes3

i ordered the same bar. just got it today and it looks good. the CF finish isn't real, but it looks pretty good. its not a sticker though, so it ought to stay on for a while. are there any things i should know about taking those 3 nuts off of the struts? the strut won't fall out will it? lol. sorry if i sound like a newb, but i've never installed anything like that.
lol your not a newb at all! I was worried about the same thing myself!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 AM

so does that mean it won't fall off? so, in laymans terms, how does one go about installing the bar? is it just as simple as taking those 3 nuts off and the braces near them, then putting the strut bar on, then putting it all back together?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:49 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

It should be! I dont know about your car, but on the 5th gens there are just 3 nuts on each side. There arent any braces on mine.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:03 AM

the process is very simple, just remove the bolts and put the new strut bar one, and lock it in place with the same original bolts
the only problem that i had was the wireing from my car's engine, which got in the way of the sides of the strut bar, i had to make some adjustments to the wires, and then install it
it took longer than i expected...
i think maybe 30 minutes?
and the rear was a fast and easy bolt, except for the part of actually finding the rear strut towers and having to remove all of the interior trim

i still havent made cuts on my interior trim though...but the bars are installed on my car

Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Came in today! The bar is really heavy-duty alumnium T6061 (aircraft grade). It caught me by surprise...I was expecting some dinky 1 pound bar...turns out the package weighed in at 4...so I'm guessing the bar is around 2.5 lbs. I have pictures...as usual. And I'm probably gonna make a faq guide..

The end of that bolt connects to the strut bar itself. I really dont know what the washer is there for...I suppose the two holes bolt onto the 3 bolt/nut brace tower...I'll check tonight.
I have no idea why they call it CF style...not even close. It's just aluminum...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

That last pic kinda looks like CF...so thats prolly why! Unless Im just seeing things! lol

Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 PM

Lol...CF design....although they did a pretty damn good job trying to do it. It's like embedded or something. Perhaps its a sticker then they buffed the strut bar.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM

those look good! let me know how it handles k'? cuz i'm really tempted to get them too. i just need your review to verify it for me. thanks

Old 04-11-2007, 12:32 AM

Yeahh...no problem. I'll probably get around installing it either this weekend or sometime soon...lol

Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_5..._/tm.htm#52939

Installed and the FAQ is complete.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordered my EBay Strut Bar Today