Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Rear Anti Sway Bars and Aftermarket Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Vindikacione
Unregistered
Default Rear Anti Sway Bars and Aftermarket Muffler

Hi. First Post, so sorry for the newbie question. I did a search and didn't see any other related posts.

I've got a 97 Accord DX and after 110k miles I had to rebuilt the front end. On Friday, my installer replaced all ball joints, tie rods, control arms, and front anti sway bar from Suspension Techniques. I had the rear bar on hand, but the installer said the muffler was in the way. Now, since Germans don't work on weekends, I couldn't ask him if he tried removing the muffler. I can't tell if he did take the muffler off, but I did see wear (scratch) marks on the new sway bar hinting that he did attempt to install it before he threw it in the trunk.

Question:
Did anyone else have problems installing their rear Suspension Techniques anti sway bar because of their aftermarket cat-back exhaust (mine is a Magnaflow)?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Vindikacione
Unregistered
Default RE: Rear Anti Sway Bars and Aftermarket Muffler

Also-

Be it known that DX models don't come with stock rear sway bars, so I never checked if the body was already drilled with the side mounting holes.

Question:
Does anyone have a 97 DX that already had the rear sway bar side mounting holes? Since it was the last year of that Gen, I can only assume it came with the holes.

Thanks again.