Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Thinking Coilovers but dont know how much to spend

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Default Thinking Coilovers but dont know how much to spend

Hey guys, i have a 04' i4 4dr and im really looking into gettin coilovers and like i found some that ranged from like 200 dollars to close to 2000 dollars i was just wondering how much to spend and maybe some brand names and info is appreciated thanks

Old 03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Default RE: Thinking Coilovers but dont know how much to spend

Well Koni Yellows are pretty good for shocks and H&R Ground Control or Tein are great springs... But that's my opinion... Bilstein is great too but I think they are a tad spendy...

Old 03-22-2006, 11:09 PM

Thanks but i guess i still have the question of how much to spend, these brands look good but their prices vary like 500 dollars from different models and does anyone have any set that they haveo n their car now and they can speak for

Old 03-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have skunk2 coilovers. Changed to them because they were stiffer then the h&r oe sport springs i have sitting in my garrage. I have Tokico Whites for shocks. Part of me wishes i went for the 700 dollar tein coilover set right away though. Dont get me wrong, the setup isnt bad, But either the rear tokico's werent large enough or the adjustable seat wasnt tall enough, but the rear seat is as high as it will possibly go. and i have about 1/2 inch gap in my wheel well. And both the shock and coilovers were for 7th gens. I scrape the tires if i hit a bump going fast enough.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:57 AM

Would have opted to go with ground controls if I had more money. I've heard good things from them on many forums. If you could dish out the cash though, then TEIN is always a sure way to go and you'll be pleased.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:19 AM

I had ground control with the factory shocks and I handled pretty good, spent about 300 bucks. Now I have TEIN ss complete coil over set on a 98 accord, spent $830. Handles even better and they are quieter. I hope that helps.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:05 PM

Ok im pretty sure ill spend a little less then 1000 cuz that seems to be a good amount and ill be very happy, plus suspension is obviously pretty important, thanks guys all my questions are pretty much answered. But anymore feedback always helps. Im definetly looking for more people who have tried out some different kinds

Old 03-23-2006, 04:24 PM

I had an H&R Cup kit on my 94 Civic (around $800 for the shocks/springs) it comes with Koni externally adjustable shocks and H&R springs, the ride may be a tad harsh for some people if you adjust it all the way up but the handleing is exceptionall and the look was amazing... It's my choice just because H&R tuned their springs to work with the koni shocks on the vehicle they're fit to....

Old 03-27-2006, 03:14 AM

Well, It always depends on what ride quality you want: Soft, Medium, Stiff. Look at the Kg on the spring rates.

A pretty decent Full-coilover will range from $600-$1000. D2, Omnipower, Apexi Ws Damper, NEX, and Tein Basic Damper are pretty much the types you want to research. I had the Omnipower recently and loved the stiffness. 10kg-front/8kg rear. The car was leveled throughout every speedbump I encountered. Ride was smooth. Got them for $740 shipped to Hawaii on the groupbuy deals last year.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 AM

Just a lil more info.. if you're looking into maybe a spring and shock combo then I highly recommend Koni yellows with Eibach sportlines. I installed this setup on my car and LOVE IT! It handles really nice and the drop was great not to mention the dampening capabilities.

Quick Reply: Thinking Coilovers but dont know how much to spend