Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Tokico..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Default Tokico..

Want to get a suspension kit.Is there a big advantage for getting the Illumina kit (adjustable) instead of the HP kit? What is up with the adjusting, why would I want/need to do that? I'm thinking that I don't need to spend the extra money for adjustability. A 1.5 in. drop is a 1.5 in. drop. Right?

*Also, I've heard a few people say only get their struts, and get the springs from someone else (like neuspeed). What ye say? Thanks.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Default RE: Tokico..

Quite a few people get their shocks/springs from different companies and have had good luck with them. As for adjustability it's so you can adjust your ride stiffness (I.E. shock return rate), it's more for a race type situation, lighten it up when you're driving around and stiffen it for races (on the track of course...) If it's just a daily driver then adjustability doesn't mean as much unless you want height adjustability....

Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Consider this!
Are you going for the racer car...
Or perhaps the Drifter car.... or
Are you looking to just look good going down the street?

These are things for you to consider 1st [sm=goodidea.gif]

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM

It's meant to be a street car with a good street ride, I was just looking to tighten things up a lil bit on the skidpad. Not looking to race at all, but wanted better handling and was thinking this was the way to go. So go with the HP Struts, if I don't need that adjustablility...and what springs work well to have a tight, composed ride but without too much harshness?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 PM

I'm highly recommend getting the Tokico HP series struts and Neuspeed sport springs. Since you want to have the basic street look and don't plan to race or go to the track, this will make a great combination. I'm the same as you, a daily driver and want my car to look nice. The HP struts are amazing and Neuspeed sports are very good as well. The Neuspeed sport drops 1.8" in the front and 1.7" in the back, the Neuspeed race drop 2.2" in the front and I think 2.0" in the back.

I am very satisfied with my suspension.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:57 AM

Hmm, I was thinking not going past 1.5", but I know that's pretty conservative. Too conservative? I just don't want to be scraping my nose anyware, and there are a lot of unever roads and driveways where I live.. in NH. But thanks for the recommendation, maybe I'll go with this setup.

Tokico HP Struts, Neuspeed Sport Springs, (hopefully)ADR Battle Exe's w/215/50/17 tires. Aaaand then I have to figure out a camber kit. there's a lot of discussion about this already so I'm sure I can figure out what I need from what someone has written. Thanks for the help!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:27 AM

If Neuspeed is too low for you, go for something else. They are very good springs but you're not limited to just them, there are plenty of good companies out there.

I don't know if this is the cheapest, but this is a VERY good brand of springs as well, Eibach. They come stock on BMWs. Tokicos come stock on Supras I believe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWD1V

I'm pretty sure that's for your car. The springs are on the expensive side, do a little more research then decide. Use that link I gave you as a reference point or something. Let me know what you think.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:28 AM

Forgot to mention, even though you'll read in the auction, the drop of these springs are 1.5" all around, just what you wanted.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 AM

Thanks alot for your suggestions pyaarawala. I guess there's no reason to not go with the tokico springs as well as the struts, if I in fact find them at a better deal than a "mix and match". We'll see. I probably won't get them on until Aug/Sept when I'm back at college. [&o]

Old 07-08-2007, 02:25 PM

how about eibach springs?
million mile warranty

Quick Reply: Tokico..