Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Wanting to lower my 01' Accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Default Wanting to lower my 01' Accord

I want to lower my 01' accord and I have found a few things on the internet that I hope will work. I found some Megan Racing coilover sleeves and the website recommended that I should replace my struts if I lower the car more than 2.25". Is this true or what, I know my struts have about 5" of travel each way, but I have also heard that if you lower stock struts at all they will blow out eventually. Does anybody have any advice?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by goodnightninja
I want to lower my 01' accord and I have found a few things on the internet that I hope will work. I found some Megan Racing coilover sleeves and the website recommended that I should replace my struts if I lower the car more than 2.25". Is this true or what, I know my struts have about 5" of travel each way, but I have also heard that if you lower stock struts at all they will blow out eventually. Does anybody have any advice?
Hey man, it is definitely recommended to get aftermarket shocks for a drop more than an inch. Your stock struts will definitely blow out in time with a 2.25 drop.

Some ppl have lucked out but again, it is never recommended. Most people will reccomened getting coilovers but if you don't have the cash, invest in new aftermarket shocks (Tokico HP, Tokico Illumina, Koni Yellow) and find some good priced springs. Ksport GT springs are priced very nicely and advertise a 2.25" drop.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ground Control > Megan in the coil-sleeves department, the Ksport GT springs are nice too.

Shock travel has nothing to do with how they are valved and how durable the valves are. That's why an aftermarket shock is needed and it's not something to just look past either, your car might be low on stock shocks, but the handling will blow and be unpredictable.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up About Your Suspension!

Originally Posted by goodnightninja
If you buy lowering springs or if you buy Coil-Overs which are adjustable @ 0" to 4" you may need new Shocks or Struts + YOU will have to get a 4 wheel alignment to get it all back in line again..also if your rusting thru at the top of the struts you better invest in a set of strut mounts..

If you'd like a price on a set of Coil-overs shipped to your door, then do your-self a favor and e-mail me at wheel@consultant.com

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Wanting to lower my 01' Accord-dzcoilovers98%7E2002.jpg  
Old 07-25-2009, 07:51 PM

I had to replace my two front struts and I replaced them with Monroe Sensa Trac struts. I've been reading up on them and they are valved differently than OE struts, I'm not sure how the struts are supposed to be valved to be able to lower my car but does anybody know if these struts are able to handle some coilover sleeves?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Administrator
Talking HE There Member

I have those coil-overs for your car that you need and the price is right...

There in the For Sale Forum with specs for all to see...

WheelBrokerAng