Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

What shocks would u suggest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:52 PM
crist95
Unregistered
Default What shocks would u suggest?

Hello everyone. I have a 2002 Honda Accord Ex V6 silver. I noticed sinced i purchased the car about 2 years ago that when i hit bump, the car didnt seem to absorb the shock very well. Can I get some suggestions on what shocks to put or springs or w/e it would take for the car to have a smooth time hitting the bumps without me feeling like its going to crack in two pieces? Thank you.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Default RE: What shocks would u suggest?

Shocks - most like either KYB or Tokico shocks. There are a couple different options depending on what application (springs) they will be applied to.

Springs - there are many trusted brands, including Eibach, H&R, Neuspeed, and others.

You can do a mix and match between brands for shocks and springs, but just make sure the shock is made to handle whatever the spring setup is for, whether its a OE replacement or a lowering spring that will drop you a couple inches. Sounds like you jsut what your cushy factory ride back. I would suggest some new Tokico HP shocks, and if you feel that it would help, some new springs like H&R's OE Springs.

let us know how it goes!

Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 AM
crist95
Unregistered

Yeah. I dont care too much for dropping my car as low to the ground as i can. I just want the smoothest ride allowed by a reasonable price. heheh.. doesnt everyone?! i will look into your suggestion GoldKnight. If anyone else has any suggestions they are definitely welcome! Thanks.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:16 AM
crist95
Unregistered

I would like to rephrase the goal of this thread. I want to know if there are shocks that will give me a smooth ride when it comes to hitting bumps. I have a 2002 Accord 2 door EX V6 with stock everything.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:54 PM

thisis just onegood site of many to look for parts. here is the link to the site w/ shocks you might want to look into >> http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo....r=EIB-4041.840

Old 07-30-2007, 10:19 PM

koni yellows hands down, downside, they are almost 600+ for both shocks and struts

Old 07-31-2007, 12:15 AM

exactly! hands down if u have the money. those are soo expensive. i dunno, but i bet for tons lesss you could get eibach,tokico, orother good brand-name shockswhich gives you a good performance upgrade without emptying ur pockets!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 AM

^ haha I'm saving up right now as we speak for the koni's, I have groundcontrol sleeves and I want to go lower but going over uneven pavements are killing me, it's like a rolloer coaster.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 AM

s**t stevent, u must have a good job, haha. but i guess if u really want that much of a performance boost then go for it. i would like to know when u install them and how the upgrade feels. keep us updated on that!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 AM

no doubt. I can get them now, but that would put a huge dent in my bank account. Maybe in about a week.

Quick Reply: What shocks would u suggest?