Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

would a .5 inch drop make ANY difference in my tire wear without camber kit?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Default would a .5 inch drop make ANY difference in my tire wear without camber kit?

i found these sprint camber kits online for 150 and they are able to support only up to a 1.5 inch drop, but i am planning to drop my car 2 inches
would that .5 difference actually show up in my tire wear, acceleration, or anything else in a negative way?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Default RE: would a .5 inch drop make ANY difference in my tire wear without camber kit?

if you were to go from a stock height to .5 inches lower you MIGHT see a very minor amount of adjustment. However, due to angles etc a .5 inch drop from 1.5 inches to 2 inches might be a bigger difference. Either way you'll probably want a camber kit just to be safe, you could however run for a while with that camber as long as you rotate your tires frequently (6 months is the most I'd go) but in the end even if you're only doing 1.5" lower you should get a camber kit.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: would a .5 inch drop make ANY difference in my tire wear without camber kit?

I wish my car had a camber kit, i lowered it 1.8 inches, and i get a good amount of uneven wear. I have also ripped out a few inner fenders(1.8drop +18s=problems). My wheels also hit the fenders when going over speed bumps and such, so you are going to want to take into consideration what size rim you want when deciding on how low to drop it.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 PM

well, im not going from 1.5 to 2.0
im going from a stock height on my 91 accord with a 2 inch drop and camber kits that can only support a 1.5 inch drop
would there be very minor affects on my tires and ect?
or would it be enough that i would need a better camber kit to support my 2 inch drop?

Old 11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

i would just get ones that can support 2in, do it right, do it once.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM

I would agree that doing it once the first time is the best way to go however I would imagine that this is a kit you are looking at... what I'm curious about is that most camber kits say they can do like +/- 3 degrees and rate them on those basis not on a lowering setup since cars differ so much. With that in mind realize that +/- 1 degree is considered ok by most standards so effectivly if you were adjusted to proper camber at 1.5" drop then went another .5" you should be ok (no optimal for daily driving but ok none the less). There is of course no way to guarantee any of this for sure since so many different factors can come in to play like how the kit works, tire width etc but from what I've seen/experienced you should be ok.... Anyone else agree with this?

Old 11-27-2006, 09:16 PM

yea...
but the thing is that those are double the price of the sprint camber kits
its like...
a 2 inch drop minus 1.5 inches because of the camber kit...
so my camber would still be negative, but only as if i lowered my car .5 inches, right?

Old 11-27-2006, 09:30 PM

this is exactlly what im looking at
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...i00038751.html
i found out that they can only support up to a 1.5 inch drop because i called them and asked, but maybe the guy who told me this is wrong?

Old 11-27-2006, 09:32 PM

lowering from stock height .5" vs. lowering from normal camber at 1.5" is a bit different because of the angle the suspension components are at from the starting point.... What price range are you looking at for the camber kit? perhaps we could just help you find something that will fit what you need for the same price.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:34 PM

so basically you're looking at $300.00 for the front and rear... and it appears that those only adjust for +/- 2 degrees which is why you may have that limitation

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: would a .5 inch drop make ANY difference in my tire wear without camber kit?