Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

19" Black ASA ZR2 Wheels (Silver '07 Coupe)

Old 10-20-2007, 08:48 PM
obinnao
Unregistered
Default 19" Black ASA ZR2 Wheels (Silver '07 Coupe)

I'm thinking of picking up these ASA Rims from Tire Rack. They are $319 per wheel. I think they will look good with my Silver coupe. The only problem is that they have a 50mm offset, so I'm assuming that the lip will be pretty small. I've seen other rims for my car with offsets from 40-45 mm, but I don't like the style. What do you guys think? Will the 50mm give me a very small lip... I wanted a bit of a deeper dish looking wheel. This is a brand new wheel, so the only pic I found of it on the net was on this Black Mercedes Coupe.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13041/F09117F62CB84814B3FE45F11044C8FC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13041/44FDA431093A4A32AC758B0D5E375396.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13041/1B5F2991FD66447EA40190C7F2E7AD44.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13041/9B945D14FD3C4FA5A76AAEEE11072953.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Default RE: 19" Black ASA ZR2 Wheels (2007 Accord Coupe)

if you going to get colored rims, i would go with gunmetal. i think it would look better on silver. but then again its not my car. so if you love these rims then get them. But if you dont absolutly love them you'll regret it

Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 AM
obinnao
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Fenix

if you going to get colored rims, i would go with gunmetal. i think it would look better on silver. but then again its not my car. so if you love these rims then get them. But if you dont absolutly love them you'll regret it
Thanks for the feedback. I think the black w/ chrome looks good on silver, but I'm going to take a look at some gun metal finishes. How about the Axis Penta's in Hyper Dark? Is this what you had in mind?

[IMG]local://upfiles/13041/0E80027F772048F1BB08FDFFCD1F925F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 PM

yes, thats actually something similar that im looking for cept i want mine in all silver, just havent found "the pair" yet

Old 10-21-2007, 05:13 PM

I think gunmetal only looks good on white or black cars. I would definately go with the black or a nice chrome wheel. Those ASA rims are hot but I think you could find them cheaper. Tire rack is very high on prices. See if you can find them on www.wheelstudio.com or www.wheelsnext.com.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:26 PM
obinnao
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

I think gunmetal only looks good on white or black cars. I would definately go with the black or a nice chrome wheel. Those ASA rims are hot but I think you could find them cheaper. Tire rack is very high on prices. See if you can find them on www.wheelstudio.com or www.wheelsnext.com.

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right. The black w/ chrome would look better. Thanks for the links to other sites. Tire Rack may be a bit more expensive than other sites, but not by much. I think Tire Rack is more expensive when it comes to tires, because they really try to push you to buy their more expensive brands of tires and they don't have as many tire/wheel packages as other sites. Anyway, how much did your Motegi FF7 cost you? If I get the ASA's with the 50 mm offset, do you think the lip will be too small? Also, I don't really want to tweak my stock suspension with lowering springs or coilovers. Do you think getting 19s will leave a huge gap? Thanks!

By the way, I checked out ASA's site, and Tire Rack is pretty much their main online retailer, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to get a lower price on them.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 PM

i would go with a MATTE black rim w/ no lip. IMO, lips are more for sport-luxury vehicles like mercedes and bimmers, not for tuners. i am looking into Volks because they are forged and are a japanese company. those will probably be the nicest rims you will find for our tuner-type cars. they have some Volks on tire rack, but i would research them on google.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: obinnao

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right. The black w/ chrome would look better. Thanks for the links to other sites. Tire Rack may be a bit more expensive than other sites, but not by much. I think Tire Rack is more expensive when it comes to tires, because they really try to push you to buy their more expensive brands of tires and they don't have as many tire/wheel packages as other sites. Anyway, how much did your Motegi FF7 cost you? If I get the ASA's with the 50 mm offset, do you think the lip will be too small? Also, I don't really want to tweak my stock suspension with lowering springs or coilovers. Do you think getting 19s will leave a huge gap? Thanks!

By the way, I checked out ASA's site, and Tire Rack is pretty much their main online retailer, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to get a lower price on them.
Yeh Isearched around a little and couldn't find the ASA's on any other site. I got my FF7's off of ebay for like $800. As for offset, I'm not real sure how big or smallthe lipwould be. But I would definately go with a lip, it really sets of the black wheel. I don't know much about offsets. You may want to PM wheelbrokerang on that one. The 19's will actually close the fender gap a little bit but they will jack your car up a little too. I can't even remember the offset of my wheels. Here's a pic of my lip. Not too big, maybe .75-1 inche or so....
Name:  CopyofHondaPicswithfreshwash050.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  94.6 KB

Old 10-21-2007, 10:41 PM
obinnao
Unregistered

Thanks for the pic and the advice. Yeah, I'm going with the Black for sure with the chrome or anodized lip. I'm getting 19s, and am hoping that I won't have to lower the car because I don't wanna mess with the stock suspension... I think the lip on the ASA's will be similar to the one you have on the FF7's. Excuse my ignorance about suspension, but once you lower the car, is there any way to return it to stock when you decide to sell the car? If so, I wouldn't be totally against using some Eibach springs and lowering it a bit if the 19s jack the car up. I also don't want to lose too much performance or damage the wheels. I live in LA, so there aren't tons of pot holes though.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
obinnao
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out those wheels.
ORIGINAL: accords own

i would go with a MATTE black rim w/ no lip. IMO, lips are more for sport-luxury vehicles like mercedes and bimmers, not for tuners. i am looking into Volks because they are forged and are a japanese company. those will probably be the nicest rims you will find for our tuner-type cars. they have some Volks on tire rack, but i would research them on google.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 19" Black ASA ZR2 Wheels (Silver '07 Coupe)