Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2003 Honda Accord LX Coupe 4 cyl

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Default 2003 Honda Accord LX Coupe 4 cyl

Hey,

I really do not know anything about tires/cars. If this question has been asked or if the answer should be obvious, please ignore my ignorance. But, I have a 2003 Honda Accord LX Coupe 4 cyl. Everything that I have on the car, as far as the tires are OEM parts. Tire size 205/65-15 and I have honda wheel covers that came on the car at the time of purchase. I am wanting to switch from wheel covers to rims. I want to keep the same tires because they are new. What do I need to know to start looking for rims? I did some research and believe that the bolt pattern is 5/114.3 and that there are 5 lugs. What else do I need to know because when searching online, there are a lot of specifications outside of that and I want to make sure that if I order something, I want to order something that fits. I see things like 15X (7/6.5....) and offsets. Different kinds of things so I am unsure. I will have a professional put them on though.

Thank you very much. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Henrietta

Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

They will have to be 15-inch rims "to fit 2003 Accord". That fitment covers everything like bolt-circle, offset, bore, etc.

Maybe the easiest is to find someone selling stock aluminum rims from a 2003-2006 Accord EX. As long as they're 15-inch because some Accords came with 16 or larger.

Go to TireRack.com & look up your tires. In the "specifications" they will list the acceptable range of rim-width for that particular size. (You can also shop for rims to fit.)

Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 AM

Yes. I see the website but it has different offset and backspacing... whatever that is? So if I wanted to search outside of that website, how would I find the offset and backspacing range?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure, you might have to contact the seller & ask what the offset of HIS wheels is. Then compare against the offset of (same-size) wheels that TireRack says will fit your car.

For any specific size of wheel (say 15" diameter & 6" width) the allowable range of offset is the same regardless of what brand of wheel. That's just geometry of what's going to rub (shocks, springs, brakes, fenders).

Old 07-15-2010, 11:05 AM

The crazy thing is that Tire Rack does not give me exact specifications. It gives me like rims that match my car and the specifications for the rims that match. But when I look at the specifications of the rims that match my car, they are all different. So I am assuming there is some sort of range. But what that range is, I don't know. That is the problem that I am having, finding the specifications or ranges of the size. Will I be able to get this information from the dealership you think?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

OK now I think I understand what you mean. I've never seen one place where it says that. If you call TireRack it'll be awkward cause you're not buying from them.

If there's 7 wheels that fit your car, you can check the offsets of those & see they fall within a range of xxx to yyy but you don't know whether you can go a bit outside that range.

WheelBrokerAng might have that info... try a PM to him?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 AM

I think I cancelled my subscription to this website by mistake. Hopefully this is reversible. Anyway, I'm going to call Tire Rack and see what they say. I'll let you know. It's not that I am not buying from them, I just want to look around to find the best options/prices for me.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Since you posted that, I guess you're still OK as far as this site goes.??

You might want to cancel (really) & pick another user name that's not en email address. Putting email adress in plain text is a SPAM magnet.
We might be able to change your user name but with only 4 posts it's probably easier for you to make up a new user account & let us know to delete your old one.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM

It will not allow me to re-register because my email address is already being used on this account. Can you please delete it and I will create another one. Thank you.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 PM

Don't know what the deal with your account is, and I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but... I would go to some local shops, and check around for some wheels. At a shop they should be able to hook you up with the wheels you want, and the exact size and offset you need. I would think between local shops the prices should be pretty close, probably all charging MSRP. The only costs that might be different is what they charge you for mounting and all that (possibly free if you buy them there). Offset is where the flange that goes against the hub is in relation to the inside or outside of the wheel, it that makes sense. Trying to explain it the best i can. With a 0 offset it would be right in the middle. With a positive offset, the tire would stick out further. That is how I understand it, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: 2003 Honda Accord LX Coupe 4 cyl