Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2006 Accord Couple Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Default 2006 Accord Couple Help

So I just purchased an Accord Coupe. 2006 to be exact... Last Honda I had was a 1987 CRX back in 1994... Memories.....
Anyway I just got the car last week.. it is an EX-L with low low miles.. Garage kept black on black.. basically mint...
I found a pair of wheels someone was selling for VERY inexpensive also. They are König – Again 5 Redstripe
Now for my taste I am going to have them either painted or powder coated.. having black on black with black wheels it too much.. im too old.. but I had stock 16's on there... I also do not know much about wheels and tires... So I am looking for help here... I am 99% sure those wheels fit.. (someone tell me yes 100% please)

So my questions for the König Again 5 redstripe:
1. The wheel does fit right?
2. What is a good size tire to go with? I live in Florida and want a comfortable quiet ride. Using a comparison calculator with the stock numbers I came up with 215/45/18.. Or?? Ideas??? maybe a 225??
3. Do I need wheel spacers?
4. Do I need aftermarket lug nuts?

Any info will help..
Thanks

Old 06-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Thumbs up Hi Joe..Welcome to the forums :)

Originally Posted by JailGuard
So I just purchased an Accord Coupe. 2006 to be exact... Last Honda I had was a 1987 CRX back in 1994... Memories.....
Anyway I just got the car last week.. it is an EX-L with low low miles.. Garage kept black on black.. basically mint...
I found a pair of wheels someone was selling for VERY inexpensive also. They are König – Again 5 Redstripe
Now for my taste I am going to have them either painted or powder coated.. having black on black with black wheels it too much.. im too old.. but I had stock 16's on there... I also do not know much about wheels and tires... So I am looking for help here... I am 99% sure those wheels fit.. (someone tell me yes 100% please)

So my questions for the König Again 5 redstripe:
1. The wheel does fit right?
2. What is a good size tire to go with? I live in Florida and want a comfortable quiet ride. Using a comparison calculator with the stock numbers I came up with 215/45/18.. Or?? Ideas??? maybe a 225??
3. Do I need wheel spacers?
4. Do I need aftermarket lug nuts?

Any info will help..
Thanks
Well let's see here: 1stthings...your Honda takes a 5x114.3 mm wheel bolt pattern, you'll have to measure that Konigs bolt pattern. Your Honda Cpe offset of between 42-55mm so you have to measure the ET or backspacing..I will show pictures at the end..if the konigs are 18" ? your tir size can be 225/40/18's, lugs ...Yes aftermarket and they would be 12x1.5mm nut lugs - better know as tuner lugs..wheel spacers ..NO!..not really safe unless you have them made special.
Hope this helps you beter with your larger wheel Quest..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Accord Couple Help-12x1.5mmchromelugs-withkey.jpg   2006 Accord Couple Help-r84bk.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:31 AM

Ang,
I found out the Wheel will fit perfect.... Thank you...
I attached a pic of the exact wheel I have
I will get the Tunger lugs.. 12x1.5
Still pricing power coating.. I may have them painted.. Anyone in Florida know any inexpensive powder coating places?
I still have questions about the tire size.. I am illiterate when it comes to tires.. you are suggesting a wider lower profile tire??
Again I am unsure about tire size.. I am looking for something will give me a smooth QUIET ride.. Maybe this has to do more with the actual brand of tire? I would assume the tire size has an effect also?
Anymore help would be beneficial..
Also anyone in Florida know where good tire deals are? I am new to Florida..
Thank you again for all your help!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Accord Couple Help-konig.jpg  

Last edited by JailGuard; 06-12-2011 at 04:32 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Talking Yes I Do !

Originally Posted by JailGuard
Ang,
I found out the Wheel will fit perfect.... Thank you...
I attached a pic of the exact wheel I have
I will get the Tunger lugs.. 12x1.5
Still pricing power coating.. I may have them painted.. Anyone in Florida know any inexpensive powder coating places?
I still have questions about the tire size.. I am illiterate when it comes to tires.. you are suggesting a wider lower profile tire??
Again I am unsure about tire size.. I am looking for something will give me a smooth QUIET ride.. Maybe this has to do more with the actual brand of tire? I would assume the tire size has an effect also?
Anymore help would be beneficial..
Also anyone in Florida know where good tire deals are? I am new to Florida..
Thank you again for all your help!!!!!
Down there in Florida look up capitol wheels . Com and also CCIwheels . com.
I believe they do that down there...
Angelo