Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2009 Accord Ex-L 2.4 tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Default 2009 Accord Ex-L 2.4 tires

I bought a 2009 Accord Ex-L 2.4 for my wife in December 2010. We really like the car, but the ride SUCKS! It came with Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires in 225/50-17. Many reviews rank these tires highly for comfort, but I sure don't see it. I need a tire which is comfortable, handles reasonably well (does not have to be sporting), and does well in both dry and wet.

My questions are 1) Have others had this same problem with a similar configuration and how did they improve it?, (2) Can somebody recommend a suitable replacement? and, finally, (3) Should I be looking at something wrong with the Accord's suspension (only 24K miles)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Way to many tires to give answers on because there are way to many people in here with their own opinions..Mineis Firestone 480"s but that don't mean that they are ment for your taste and cost..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have the same Michelin tires on my 08 EX Accord with 24.5K miles on them, and while the ride is OK, they are NOISY tires. And now, one has developed a bubble which is viewed as "road hazard", therefore no warranty help.

I am looking at Bridgestone Turanza Serenitys. A bit pricey, but I think they are supposed to be nice and quiet.

Last edited by gimme789; 05-13-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:10 PM

what tires did you end up getting? i have the same model except it is an 09.

and for the other user, how do you like the Serenity. I am looking at this tire now too but concerned about losing mpg, due to the tire being a little heavier.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Default Tires for my 09 Accord EX-L 2.4

Because this is my wife's car and I was more interested in ride and noise level than spirited performance, I went with new Goodyear Assurance Comforttred Touring. With mounting, balancing, TPMS and taxes, the bill came to just shy of $1,000 for the four. Did get an $80 mail in rebate.

The tires are quieter and the ride is significantly better, but still not up to what I would expect from an EX-L Accord. I am not sure what possessed Honda to put 17" low profile tires on this car, but therein lies the ride problem. Love the care otherwise.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by 713mx5bob
Because this is my wife's car and I was more interested in ride and noise level than spirited performance, I went with new Goodyear Assurance Comforttred Touring. With mounting, balancing, TPMS and taxes, the bill came to just shy of $1,000 for the four. Did get an $80 mail in rebate.

The tires are quieter and the ride is significantly better, but still not up to what I would expect from an EX-L Accord. I am not sure what possessed Honda to put 17" low profile tires on this car, but therein lies the ride problem. Love the care otherwise.
i'll let you know how the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity does. I ended up ordering them yesterday and should have them on by the weekend. Our is noisy enough that the Bluetooth (which I paid extra for) is completely useless over 40 mph.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 AM

Wish I read all this sooner. cuz yeah the ride sucks! I'm wondering when its time to replace the struts if the struts from an Accord LX would help. I've read the EX has a sportier suspension which gives a stiffer ride

Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 PM

I run Bridgestone Potenza 960's on my 2000EX. I took off the Michelin's that came with the car after only 20K. The road noise was terrible and they were dangerous in the rain.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by jamfan
i'll let you know how the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity does. I ended up ordering them yesterday and should have them on by the weekend. Our is noisy enough that the Bluetooth (which I paid extra for) is completely useless over 40 mph.
I did get the Turanza Serenity tires. I can't say they are significantly quieter than the OEM tires. The car is just plain noisy and I don't think the tires make much difference. They do handle better though. I can't say one way or another whether mpg is affected b/c my wife drives this car, and I don't check the mileage very often.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 PM

I've had the same road noise issue since I bought my 2010 new. Just got 68k miles on the oem michelin mxm4's but decided to use a different replacement. I just bought the Falken pt722 which is supposed to be a replacement for luxury performance vehicles so let's see what happens. Once I mount them this week, I'll repost with an initial comparison.

Quick Reply: 2009 Accord Ex-L 2.4 tires