Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2009 Coupe 17" 10 spoke white pots

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Default 2009 Coupe 17" 10 spoke white pots

Has anybody had a problem with white spots (corrosion) showing up under the clear protective finish on their wheels. I just found this happening on my 2009 EX Coupe with the 10 ten spoke 17" wheels. It's only a month old with 1800 miles on it. The dealer looked at it today and is in agreement that something is afoul with all four of the wheels but what? They are waiting for the regional manager to get back with them on the next course of action. I don't see what the big mystery is. Order 4 new wheels and lets get this over with. The dealership isn't giving me a hard time at all I just don't understand the process.

J

Last edited by Doctor J.; 03-25-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There was another thread a few months back saying that the clear coat on their wheels was already peeling after a few months of owning the car. Dealer replaced all 4.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Administrator
Cool Hey Whats Up?

Has the dealer offered to replace those wheels yet ?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM

Not yet. I am getting a bit worried because it's been five days since they looked at it.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Doctor J.
Not yet. I am getting a bit worried because it's been five days since they looked at it.
Call and give them hell. You've had the car for a month. This should've been taken care of within days, as new wheels are at their warehouse and can be at the dealer the next day.

Call them and ask what's up. If they give you the run around again, tell them you're calling Honda of America to sort out the wheel problem and the dealer problem.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 AM

I emailed the warranty administrator and got a response today. He said that he's waiting to hear back from his regional boss before making the next move. He has a week and then the phone calls will start in earnest.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Cool We'll Send Finch Over There As Your LAWYER

Originally Posted by finch13
Call and give them hell. You've had the car for a month. This should've been taken care of within days, as new wheels are at their warehouse and can be at the dealer the next day.

Call them and ask what's up. If they give you the run around again, tell them you're calling Honda of America to sort out the wheel problem and the dealer problem.
That will shake them up

Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 AM

OK. A week after I was at the dealer and no calls, I decided to file a complaint with Honda Customer Service USA in Torrence, CA. (4/1) On April 2nd I emailed my salesman and explained what I had done and my confidence in anything Honda is quickly deteriorating. All he did was forward my message to the local Customer Service Rep at the dealership.

If in fact this is the process they have to follow in order to give the OK on such a costly repair I can understand. What I have a hard time with is the lack of communication from the regional warranty manager. What is so hard about making a phone call. So at this point if I don't hear a word in the next five days I am going to ask my credit card company to pull back the 2000 dollars I used as a down payment until it gets settled. I figure 500 buck a wheel is about right.

Doctor J.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 AM

Sounds like you're on the right track, but I really think they're BS'ing you about it. For example, the Navi in our Acura MDX went out, it was a $4,000 replacement including labor, we asked Acura if they would do a goodwill, service manager at the Acura dealer called Honda of America and got the go ahead. We had a brand new navi system installed for the price of labor within 5 days.

That set of wheel is worth about $600 total, it should have been fixed by now. Is there another Honda dealer you can go to?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:35 PM

Well I got a call on April 6th from the dealership and we wanted me to bring the car in on the 8th so the regional warranty administrator could look at it and make his determination. Sure enough he said go ahead and replace the wheels under warranty no charge. Here's the kicker. He writes the work order and says Honda will replace as a customer courtesy and the damage was due to road hazard. HUH? These things were f'ed up the day I got the car. Why can't they say it was a manufacturer defect and create a paper trail so others with this problem will have an easier time getting replacements.

Whatever they want I guess. Bottom line I'm happy they replaced all 4 wheels.

If anybody wants pictures just drop me an email address and I'll send them. The file sizes are too big for the site.

Doctor J.

Attached Thumbnails 2009 Coupe 17" 10 spoke white pots-left-front.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2009 Coupe 17" 10 spoke white pots