Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2011 Honda Accord Road Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Default 2011 Honda Accord Road Noise

Ok, I have to ask you all if anyone else is having issues with road noise on their accord. We recently bought a '11 accord, all completely factory and I have noticed significant road noise from the tires. I feel this is accurate, as I can tell by the different types of pavement I encounter while traveling on the interstate. Anyone have this issue, if so did you replace your tires? In everyone's opinion, what is the best tire to resolve or quiet this issue?

Thanks,

JD

Old 09-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Is your car a LX or EX? My daughters both have 2007 Civics, one EX & one LX. The EX has more soundproofing materials installed. Maybe the same story with Accord??

Other than that, I'd prefer stiffer tires for a more solid road-feel, so I'm a bit inclined to pick tires that are more on the noisy side anyway.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 PM

2011 honda accord ex-l

Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

2011 means it's got some miles on it, right (not hidden on some dealer back-lot with 3 miles on it)? Check the front tires for cupping or other unusual wear-patterns. Maybe a suspension alignment?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM

Alignement can not cause road noise.

Tires can cause noise, and the brand of tire. Some brands are known for being noisy with some mileage on them.

other areas of noise can come from the wheel well not being insolated. I am thinking of dyno matting my wheel wells behind the plastic. You can actually remove the plastic wheel wells and apply dyno mat to the back of them. That will stop much of the road noise.

Anybody else have an ideas?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

I was thinking of alignment causing funny uneven wear on the tires. That uneven wear in-turn causes the noise.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Its no secret that the Accord is a noisy car. On certain types of highway (especially concrete) its downright loud.

I do believe / hope, this is due in a large part to the tires.

I am about to replace the stock tires on mine, and I was hoping someone could recommend quiet tires also.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM

I have a 2011 Accord LXP. It have a considerable amount of noise coming from the right front. Dealer replaced the wheel bearing under warranty and it did not help. They told me that the tire was making the noise. I asked them if they roatated the tires to see if that helped, they looked at me like I was crazy. So I did so myself, it made no difference. The noise is most noticalbe at 40 MPH. I have dunlop tires, with 25,000. I love the car and is meeeting all my needs. But this noise is concerning and really intrusive to driving comfort. I was an ASE certified mechanic in the past, and now a mechanical engineer, so I am pretty good with vehicles. But this one has me stumped. Also, the breaks are in like new condition all four wheels. I did a inspection myself of all components. Ideas?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 AM

Bump... Come on now. Any Ideas?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM

ideas? sure

1. Replace tires with Mitchlen Primcy
2. remove all wheel wells and insolate them with Dynomat or simular
3. remove door panels and insolate with Dynomat or simular
4. remove headliner and insolate with dense lightweight insolation. House Batting insolation is ok
5. install door seals at the bottom of the doors, (rubber sealing strips sold at Home Depot/Lowes.
6. pull up carpet and insolate with fibermat

Quick Reply: 2011 Honda Accord Road Noise