Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Any opinion on these tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Default Any opinion on these tires?

I need new tires desperately. Anyone have any experience with TireRack? What do you think of these Tires? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=H

Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Any opinion on these tires?

Kumho are a good value for what you get. Just don't go crazy and start drifting, skidding, peeling out every time you start the car, and goin 150+.

Otherwise, it's a relatively well-designed all-year rounder.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM

cool. I go pretty easy most of the time. In fact, just about all the time. I just don't want to spend a ton on tires. Question: if I get these puppies in the mail, where do I take them to get fitted to my (crappy ) rims... nad how much do think that would cost.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Get a friend or go to the local auto body/ car shop.

Probably around the avenue of 120+. $80/hour here in MD...dunno about you.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 PM

hmm. Thought it would be quicker and cheaper than than. Wondering if PEP BOYS are a better bargin I think they install the tires with the cost. I'll have to check. thanks man!!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

Just don't go crazy and start drifting, skidding, peeling out every time you start the car, and goin 150+.
that goes for just about any tire.

is it really that much to have tires mounted and balanced? god i love being a automotive student, can do everything for free.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: maro

cool. I go pretty easy most of the time. In fact, just about all the time. I just don't want to spend a ton on tires. Question: if I get these puppies in the mail, where do I take them to get fitted to my (crappy ) rims... nad how much do think that would cost.

Any good Tire and alignment store will mount and balance them for you...After all Money is Money to any store and this will be all for money $$$$ about $10.50 each wheel I would expect!

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 PM

That cheap?

I remember back in NY, the labor fee was around $65/hour for various assortments...

Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: maro

Any good Tire and alignment store will mount and balance them for you...After all Money is Money to any store and this will be all for money $$$$ about $10.50 each wheel I would expect!

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Yeah, when I got my new tires a couple weeks ago it was $12.50 for each w/ the valve stem installation, mounting, and balancing.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM

I went to tirerack and they have a directory where you can find a local tire place that will install the tire. It also rates, at least, it allow s you to rate the store. Very good resource. I'm going to get the Tires from Tire Rack. UPS is gonna get pissed. I keep ordering stuff to my work. heheheh. I just got my AEM SRI yesterday in a big *** box. I can't imagine the size of a tire box. 4 tires at that.

Quick Reply: Any opinion on these tires?