Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Good Rims for 07

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:44 PM
arcteryx
Unregistered
Default Good Rims for 07

Hello All,

Completely new to customize or mod-ing any car. Bought an 07 Accord 2dr EX V6 - black, black leather. Looks great, and love it!

Wanted to start getting into mod-ing and customizing. First things first...rims I guess. I think I want 20's, but I'm still trying to shop around and see what I like for looks. Thinking I also want to go with a rim that's mostly black finish. Can you folks post pictures of your Accords (2005 and newer) that have custom wheels, please? I just would like to take a look. Also, where does everyone shop for their rims? I found wheelfire.com and the pricing looked great considering it included rims and tires! I just couldn't figure out how to order low-profile tires with them.

-D

Old 04-28-2008, 05:05 PM
arcteryx
Unregistered
Default RE: Good Rims for 07

Ok, I've looked around the forum more. What's with the hate towards 20"? I'm looking for something that looks sporty. It is my everyday car, but I'm surprised how small the 19"s still look? I want something that has an aggressive look to it.

Also, do I need to get the car dropped to help with that aggressive look?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:38 AM

Id venture to say that the "hate towards the 20's" has more to do with the fact that they would ride like a buck board. You could probably roll over a dime and tell whether its heads or tails.

Now if your building a car show trailer queen then it wouldnt matter but if you ever plan on driving it for more than 5 miles at a time, Id think youd want nice soft rubber under you rather than hard metal.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:53 AM
arcteryx
Unregistered

?? I don't get it? Other vehicles have 20's stock, and I would assume a good ride. What would be the difference putting it on my car?

Like I said: I'm new to this and really know very little about cars

Would going down to 19's (a 1inch difference) be that noticeable?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:58 PM

i got my rims at discount tire...they have tons of catalogs to choose from and they just order it all for you and do all the work..i think its the easiest way..they also tell you what fits and what wont...oh and those are 20's on mine.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There's a difference between an Escalde on 22s stock and an Accord or 20's stock. The escalade has more rubber. The bigger the rim, the less rubber. Rubber helps cushion the bumps.If you lower your car, the 19s will look bigger.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Both are on 20s

Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 PM

Its simple really,

20's- more expensive, harsher ride, lose hp

19's- less expensive, somewhat harsh ride, lose a lil hp

I would go 19's and whatever you go with youll want to lower your car. Itll look like a 4x4 if you dont

Old 05-04-2008, 10:19 PM

Ive actually decided to run 15's on mine. I know its not the "pimp" thing to do but thats ok. 16's wouldnt really look that much bigger and be more expensive as Id have to replace the tires too so it was 15's versus 17's and I picked 15's.

Heres my thinking:

-I can get wheels that weigh about 15 pounds - about 10 pounds less than the steel crap I have now. Nice benefit in gas mileage and HP.
-Nice cushy ride on plenty of rubber.
-My speedo stays the same.
-15's cost at least 1/3 less than 17's and some are half as much!
-I can keep the tires I have now which will save me $500 or so. When I do get tires, I can get top of the line Michelin or Bridgestone for $95 or $75 respectively. If I went with 17's, those same tires jump up to $200 each!!!
-Im married and way too old to be concerned about looking pimp.

These are the ones Im eyeballing right now.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:50 PM
arcteryx
Unregistered

So, how much difference b/t 19" and 18"? The car has stock 18"'s right now, and rides great. Should I just get some 18" and drop it?

What about getting a lower profile tire too for a better look?

What's a optimal rim size and tire size for some folks here? Just want to know what you would put on it if you had this car.

Quick Reply: Good Rims for 07