Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Lug Nuts for OEM Steel Rims & Hubcaps

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 PM
flashpic
Unregistered
Default Lug Nuts for OEM Steel Rims & Hubcaps

I just bought a 07 SE ( which has 16" Alloy wheels).. I want to get 15" steel or alloys oem wheels to mount four winter tires. I have read here that the 15" 5 lug wheels from the 98-02 generation accord will be work fine ( bolt pattern, offset, etc) for the 07. Is that correct ? Secondly, if I go with an OEM steel with plastic hub caps do I need special lugs nuts ( i.e, to hold hubcaps in place) or will the ones used on my 07 alloy work fine ? Thanks for any assistance..

Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Default RE: Lug Nuts for OEM Steel Rims & Hubcaps

The wheels covers on the stock 'steelie' wheels are held in place by a lug nut that has a 'retaining ring' around ~the middle of the lug nut to physically prevent the plastic wheel cover from separating from the rim. If your alloy wheeld lugnuts do not have this ring then you would need a set that does if you plan on using the Honda OEM wheel cover since the wheel cover does not have much in the way of retention on the rim other than the lug nut ring. If your present lugnuts are just 'acorn style' without the ring, you could opt for an aftermarket plastic cover that retaings by clips and friction on the rim...

If you have ever checked out a Honda OEM wheel cover, they are very stout and made of thick real plastic, not some flimsy stuff like a wheel cover from Walmart