Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Default RE: Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise

I got BF Goordich Traction TA's which have made noise since I hit about 20-25k on them. Michelins are great tires. I don't know about the Pilots from Michelin, but the Energy MXV4 pluses were great! Too bad they haven't been on my car since we had the tires replaced a few times.

A thought: Why do people think that replacing tires is such a big deal? I look at hondabeat.com and a lot of people say that Hondas are great cars, and then they will say something like just had to replace tires. Its common sense that you have to replace your tires or shall I say its inevitable that you have to replace tires.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:29 PM

If you are insinuating that I am too cheap to replace tires, at my expense, on my Accord after reasonable service, you are quite wrong. The issue hereare tires that are 18 months old with more than half of the tread remaining that have become terribly noisy. All rotations and pressures have been followed, to the letter. The tires aren't cupped and have worn evenly. I don't think that this is satisfactory performance!

Old 11-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Nope, I wasn't insinuating anything towards you. I was making a random statement about how some people think that replacing tires is a big deal. Since, I was on the issue of talking about tires that thought popped up. I agree with you, your tires should be under warranty. Also, some tires have an agressive tread design. That agressive tread design might cause the noise. Keep us posted.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:26 PM

We have 4 cars in this family and I usually replace them before tires are needed. We really like this 06 Accord V6 so have chosen to replace these noisy tires due to warrantyOR at our expense. The noise is unbearable and ruining the enjoyment of an otherwise fine car. Looked into trading this pristine auto ona 2008 EX-LV6 but my dealer came up with a ridiculous number. I'll bet the terms will be more favorable in the period from Christmas thru the end of winter. This is when I usually purchase!

Old 11-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Nice. That's a great idea purchasing during Christmas time. Weather isn't good so noone bothers to come. Price can be negotiated than on the car.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:01 PM

However, I think that you should keep the car. Although, the new V6 Accord is supposed to be more powerful than a Maxima!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Must say that I really like the new Accord and would buy an 08 EX L-V6 Sedan at a RASONABLE difference, at any time. My 06 Accord EX V6 is a super car in excellent condition (only 26 k miles) and I have no problem keeping it for even a year or two until Honda dealers offer realistic deals.Currently, Ithink they are capitalizing on all the hype over the new model, which will subside after the initial rush and winter weather enters in Pennsylvania. I try never to buy at a disadvantage, but wait until the tables turn in a buyers favor. Bought two new cars two years apart, several years ago from local dealers completely on the internet on New Year's Eve and made, what I think, were good deals.

Seems like we did a great job changing the subject from the tire problems on my 06 to purchasing an 08, but I enjoy this conversation, too. I love cars and I love Hondas.

All In Pristine Condition

2006 Honda Accord EX V6 (26k) Wife's car & Family car
2006 Mazda MX5 GT(7k)Toy for 18 year-old son and me - Garage Queen
2000 Chev Silverado 4x4 Ex Cab fenderside pickup (35k) Another toy
2000 VW Golf GL (52k) Son's pride and joy

Old 11-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Well, I could tell you were frustrated. Buying tires or dealing with tire issues can be frustrating. I bought tires and then they ended up having bad belts, so I got a free set of 4 actually those 4 which are the tires I got now were cheaper than the bad Goodyears. Michelin is the way to go in my opinion. Yokohoma seems to be popular among Accords now too. Yeah, I love to talk about cars and Hondas. So, I thought you said your car is an othewise good car? LOL! A lot of the Honda people on this will ask you why don't you call it a great car?

Old 11-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if u get the new 08' accord please take some pics! i love that car!

Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 PM

A lot of the Honda people on this will ask you why don't you call it a great car?

Thought I did!

My 06 Accord EX V6 is a super car

Quick Reply: Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise