Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tire PSI ?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Default Tire PSI ?

What PSI should my tires be ? Is it true for those who travel at higher speeds its recommended to increase the tires by 1-3 PSI ?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:21 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: Tire PSI ?

Your tires should have the max PSI on them, if not, check the owners manual. I dont know about the increased PSI for higher speeds.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM

It's either in the glovebox lid or inthe driver's sidefront door jamb. It is certainlyin the owner's manual. I prefer mine 3psi above recommendation so I go 35 front, 33 rear but mine is a 4 banger, your V-6 may differ.The max on the side of the tire is not the correct inflation pressure.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 PM
BlacknWhite
Unregistered

Shouldn't you run the recommended pressure listed on the door? That should be around 32psi, it will not hurt to run them at the max psi for a harder ride, most passenger car tires max out at 44psi. Good luck.

Mike

Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM

It's funny that I just saw this since I had an issue at Sam's Club last week. The pressure they set my tires at was 32 psi, which is what's on the door jamb. The Dunlops have 44 psi on the sidewall, and I argued that I've always run my pressure one psi less than max.

I called the tire manufacturer here's what they said; The number on the door of the vehicle is what's 'recommended' for that vehicle for all around ride, comfort, etc. But, setting the pressure (in my case) 14 psi less than max actually wears the tire worse, since it's running on the sidewall, which is the weakest part of the tire. They stated that by keeping the tire pressure one to threepsi less than max will give you a little stiffer ride, but will not void the warranty AND will give you better mpg. So, with that said, and gas at $3 a gallon, I'm keeping my pressures at 43 psi. Just my two cents worth. Dave

Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM

door psi is based on stock tires and stock sizes so if you have something different then door jam pressure's mean nothing....

BTW what lead you to a thread that's nearly a year old?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:44 AM

Honda engineered the car for the tire pressures on the door jam. Best riding, handling and tire wear. Pressures on the tire are do not exceed cold and nothing to do with recommended pressures. Yes better mpg at the expense of wear and tear on the suspension.A few more mpg is cheaper than new struts?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Catcanski

It's funny that I just saw this since I had an issue at Sam's Club last week. The pressure they set my tires at was 32 psi, which is what's on the door jamb. The Dunlops have 44 psi on the sidewall, and I argued that I've always run my pressure one psi less than max.

And this is the correct answer..this member gets the best answer of this post..Thank You for your post..I also in agreement with this answer...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=smiley20.gif]

I called the tire manufacturer here's what they said; The number on the door of the vehicle is what's 'recommended' for that vehicle for all around ride, comfort, etc. But, setting the pressure (in my case) 14 psi less than max actually wears the tire worse, since it's running on the sidewall, which is the weakest part of the tire. They stated that by keeping the tire pressure one to threepsi less than max will give you a little stiffer ride, but will not void the warranty AND will give you better mpg. So, with that said, and gas at $3 a gallon, I'm keeping my pressures at 43 psi. Just my two cents worth. Dave

Old 02-03-2008, 12:50 PM

Running at or near the max on the tire is a bone jarring ride in my car......I don't know how you stand it.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 AM

Yes, responding to a thread nearly a year old is odd. But when you're stuck in a hotel for three weeks away from home attending training for work you end up with a LOT of time on your hands.
As far as the ride being rough, yeah, I feel it a little. I figure when I'm around 90 or so I'll lower my tire pressure so my ol' weary bones don't take a beatin'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire PSI ?