Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

want ur opinion..

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Default want ur opinion..

im in a 2003 white honda accord coupe EX. Im tryin to find some rims, prefer chrome. i want maybe 20's. ive seen people with my car sitting on small rims like 17's and its just ugly. this car does not look good with anytype of rims.

anybody have any opinions on what type of rims i should get? i kno nothing bout finding rims. I want those big rims with the low profiles. my budget is bout 1000.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Default RE: want ur opinion..

My opinions are:
1) That chrome wheels look really dreadful.
2) Anything over 17" looks like a **** andare prone to being easily damaged and will handle poorly on less than perfectly smooth roads and will tend to be too harsh.
3) Stock brakes look lost inside huge rims surrounded by a vacant void, a bad look.
4) Anything that is fitted a carmerely for looks at the expense of function looks silly.

You did ask for opinions!

Old 01-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

chrome is fugly IMO.

i dont see an issue with 18s or 19, other than the tires are really expensive, and they are easy to damage.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:57 PM

I love my stock 15s but if i went to another size be 17's either in black or white n chrome to match my frost white car

Old 01-05-2008, 05:06 PM

My only issue with the stock wheel / tyre combo is that the rim is too narrow for the stock tyre width. Stock rims are only 5.5" wide, which is almost the narrowest rim the stock size tyre can be fitted to (stock tyres width is 195, which can be fitted to narrowest rim of 5"). This width tyre would be much better on about a 6.5" rim, or even a 7".

If the rims are too narrow for the tyre then thesidewalls will behave effectively as if they were softer than they really are, and if the tyres are fitted to wider rims then the siewalls will be effectively stiffened, and behave like a stiffer sidewall tyre. This will generally make a significant improvement to steering response and general handling 'sharpness'.

I can't help reiterating just how much I hate the look of chrome wheels, they utterly lack any 'class' and make the car look like a cheap[:'(] (I apologise for anyoffence to cheap )[:'(]. The only way that they can in any way look not quite so bad is if the polishing job is done extremely well, with no ripples, undulations in the surfaceor other imperfections whatsoever, but I've yet to see any but the most expensive that come even close to this, most have ripples and uneven surfaces all over the place, really trashy! The worst ones have odd projections, flutesand uneccesary bits of metal sticking out in strange places for no real purpose, I just can't understand why anyone finds this sort of thing to look good.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

But you have to admit that chrome does look great on many a car...look at this wheel!!!

WheelBrokerAng

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/415038BD175044CE872A4CAD97E0808C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 PM

alright lets put it like this...
wat rims do u think will look best on my car. doesnt have to be chrome..i just want something that looks good..

Old 01-05-2008, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

But you have to admit that chrome does look great on many a car...look at this wheel!!!

WheelBrokerAng
Those wheels don't look so bad (don't particularly love them though), but they're not what I think of when I think 'chrome wheels'. What I think of as a 'chrome' finish has highly polished surfaces, not machined or brushed, as those wheels appear to have.

Also, some wheels appear to be actually chrome plated, which has a different colour (a blueish tinge) to polished aluminium (a whiter metal). Polished aluminium alloy can look very nice, but it has to be well done.

Those wheels don't appeal to me because to my eye they are too big, making the tyres look like rubber bands stretched arpound the outside of the rim. The wheels being so large in diameter, the brakes look lost in a huge void, which to me makes the brakes look puny, the opposite of a high performance look(just a visual thing of course). I think the whole set up would look a lot better with much bigger brakes fitted.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: pham9006
alright lets put it like this...
wat rims do u think will look best on my car. doesnt have to be chrome..i just want something that looks good..
Mate, the only person who can be the judge of what looks good to you, is you.

My only advice is don't just pick something purely on looks, this is only one factor, and not the most important one. The tyre and wheel combination chosen should also grip well, handle well, and be practical for steet use, i.e. the tyre should last a reasonable distance, the wheel shouldn't buckle at the first pothole, and handling etc needs to be at least OK on arange of different surfaces, from dead smooth to quite bumpy.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:59 PM

Black w/ polished lip FTW!!!! Heck i'll sellyou some chrome wheels w/ tires that have less than 200 miles on 'em....

Name:  tiresandrims011.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  149.2 KB

Quick Reply: want ur opinion..