Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Honda Accord - No CD/Radio Sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Default 2004 Honda Accord - No CD/Radio Sound

I recently blew a bulk inside my car, and the CD/Radio player stopper working, so I checked my fuse box and found a fuse had blown. I replaced the fuse like for like and the CD/Radio player works but no sound.

My local Honda dealer initially said that they want to charge me £75 per hour to find the fault + parts and VAT. However I have spoken to another Honda dealer and they think that the internal AMP which is located inside the CD player might have blown? and to replace the unit would cost me £3600.86p... That's worth more than the car...

I have booked my car in to get the cd/radio code as someone said that it might be as simple as that?

Can someone please help or advise.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

it's possible that model has an external amplifier - which might not be getting power.

start by verifying if you have an external amp and verify it has power. i don't know what they do over across the pond.

without the code the radio won't let you do anything. if you can insert CD's, change radio stations, etc. then it's not a code issue. but the code does need to be entered whenever the unit loses power. the display should read CODE and give you a prompt. it's certainly worth a try to remove the radio fuse, replace the fuse and enter the code.

if you do need a replacement, you can find them on ebay for around $500 USD.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:26 PM

Thanks for responding.

I have been advised by Honda that the Amplifier is in the CD/Radio player. I can change and load cd's and also search for a radio station. The faulty fuse has been replaced.

The CD player doesn't have a fuse at the back either. Is it just as easy to buy a new or second hand one and replace it? Will it work...

I'll keep you posted.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

if the internal amp failed, that sucks. factory systems are crap anyway. looks like an opportunity to upgrade.

you could buy an aftermarket head unit and install it in the pocket below (Metra and Scoshe sell kits for that) and gain more features and better sound - for much less money.

Anyone who wants a new HU in those cars have to install it separately since factory radios are integrated with climate controls and other features now.