Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Honda accord amplifier with stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2004 Honda accord amplifier with stock radio

It looks like replacing the stock radio would be quite hard because of a stupid idea to put the controls on the radio itself too.

Anyways I am not ready to do that anyways.

I have a set of mtx 4500's I want to hook up and I need something to hook up my RCA ends on the amplifier to.

I had to replace my civics radio because of this and well it is not a easy option anyways.

So I read on here and saw this suggested:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

I really do not want to spend 60 bucks(the cost of a cheap radio) to just get a adapter.

Are there any cheaper adapters?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 PM

that PAC HON adapter can be bought for around $40 at sonic electronix .com. I just got mine in the mail and installed it today, what a coincidence!

Old 04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

This one right? That saves me 10 bucks which is better than nothing.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...OEM-HON20.html

Why does it have 4 rca outputs when my AMP only needs 2?

Old 04-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

it has front and rear RCA outputs. if you only use the front outputs, that's fine.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Since this thread's been dead awhile I'll go ahead and revive it a bit with a couple of questions that need answering.

1. I put in an amplifier in using the PAC adapter, but like many others have gotten a VERY audible white noise when the headunit is powered on. It distracts from the music and gets annoying fast, so my question is, what are my options in eliminating or reducing this noise????

2. I just installed a subwoofer and when i turn the radio off from the headunit with the car running the sub makes a very loud, low noise. Just like a single frequency it plays for some reason. When the unit is on, the sound goes away. (the white noise takes its place lol.)

Any help and suggestions are welcomed.

THANKS

Old 04-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

does the background hiss stay constant with volume, or increase with volume?

what are the gains set at (amp and PAC adapter)? can you lower the gains on the PAC adapter and just use more head unit volume?

what amplifier make/model is giving you noise? the remote turn-on given by the PAC adapter should shut off the amp when the HU is off.

where did you get your remote turn-on from?

in your case, it sounds like the amp is on when the HU is off. a switch on the remote wire can fix that. amp on last, amp off first.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the reply keep_hope_alive,

Its a lil hard to tell, but the hiss is fairly constant, its loud to begin with so you can still hear it on medium volume levels but it goes away when I'm blastin the radio .

gains on the amp are set to about 1/2 for my sub and fronts (the amped components) I didn't even know the PAC adapter had gain settings, how do i change them?

My amp is the Power Acoustiks STAX 1600 4 channel version.

The owner before me must have installed an amp in this car because there were already power, ground and turn on wires leading to the back of my trunk. I found that the turn on wire is connected to the interior fuse box, connected to the headunit fuse. Is this incorrect?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 AM

I have the same problem. When I turn off my headunit I get this very loud hum, almost full volume, it scares my passengers. When I start car I get the same thing. I purchased a PAC TR-7 but I think the issue is from the stereo and I can not for the life of me find a turn on from the stereo itself. The car has the factory Nav. I disconnect my hi/lo converter and of course I get no noise so I know its from the headunit, but why I do not hear it out of the speakers is beyond me. HELP!!!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 PM

I changed my remote turn on from the fuse box, to the provided pac adapter's turn on cable. It somewhat solved the problem. It will make that noise for about 2 seconds now when i turn the radio off, but the fact that it turns off at all is good.

I'm still getting some pretty loud hissing from my speakers. And i looked at the pac gains settings and don't know what to make of them. how do you change them? seems even the smallest screw driver doesn't fit in those holes. What are they set at stock?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

you must adjust those gain settings. you'll need a precision screw driver kit - cheap ones are $5. it's anyone's guess what they are at now.

Quick Reply: 2004 Honda accord amplifier with stock radio