Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Honda accord amplifier with stock radio

Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Well sorry for your time on this thread but I've already got my JL clean sweep in and am going to be replacing the PAC adapter with the clean sweep. I got it for cheap on ebay and it also adds an aux input, those which cost around $150 for a USA spec adapter for ipods in accords. Now i started a new thread which will hopefully get some questions i have answered about the clean sweep.

Hey JCNY, I'll let you know how the clean sweep sounds so maybe you'd get one too. if it fixes all these problems we're having...

Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Good lookin out!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 PM

I got the clean sweep workin and i'm happy to say the white noise is far reduced and can probably be completely rid of if I were to improve my grounding. As far as sound quality, it's great. Everything's pretty much crystal clear. The iPod aux in works well too and sounds awesome as well. The install was a little tricky but I'm a teenager and got it workin basically by myself. The whole system turns off with the car without a problem. I got the clean sweep for cheap on ebay and i believe it's worth it for what it did for me.

Now that I've got all after-market speakers and a sub all amped up with the cleansweep processing it all, i don't know where to go to next! I could probably go for a round of sound deadener, but am a bit skeptic on the price to improvement ratio. Plus finding the right brand and type of deadener seems tough. Maybe some input from other accord audio enthusiasts?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

deadener is crucial for good performance. the environment the speakers are in largely determines their performance.

Second Skin makes the best products.

Rammaudio makes good budget products.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 PM

I was able to kill the turn-off thump from the subwoofers by adding a small wire to one of the RCA jacks and grounding it. My remote wire for amp turn on is running to an empty slot in the fuse panel (position 31 I believe) which gets power only when the switch is in the on position. To fuse the circuit, I put a ten amp fuse in that location with the remote wire wrapped around 1 of the prongs (use the side that doesn't get power with the key in the on position. Works perfect. One side effect though to my sub/amp install... cutting off the head unit using the power button causes feedback in the sub (endless bass tone). Btw, I fed the audio from factory radio using the rear speakers' wires to the MTX electronic crossover. Then, I used the RCA outputs from the crossover to feed the sub amp.

07 Accord V6 EX-L

Last edited by Lance L-Dogg Mason; 03-09-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

on the sound deadning, damplifier pro is some pretty good stuff too.

the constant noise from the sub with the head unit turned off maybe coming from the anc system if you do not have them disconnected.