Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjperry1
I called my dealership and the guy I spoke to said the firmware update was still 1 - 2 months away... not cool!
Just curious what state your dealership is in?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by jrd257
They are apparently all in the same state....Confusion!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by jrd257
Terre Haute, Indiana

Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 PM

Just to clarify, the bluetooth problem affects Navi and Non-Navi Accords right?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM

I got a call from the service manager at my dealership last Fri. He told me the software patch was here and all I needed to do was make an appointment. He said it only took about 20 min. to download to my car. I can't go in till the last of the week but hopefully by next week I will be able to report back.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by binu23
Just to clarify, the bluetooth problem affects Navi and Non-Navi Accords right?
My blutooth lock up problem affected everything except the Nav.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by mxrider
Ok. Honda has the software update at the dealers now. I just stopped in my dealer and talked to the service mgr. Said he just got it and we can bring the car in anytime for the install. He said Honda is well aware of the complaints.
Now we'll see if they fix it.
I also asked if it would fix the poor audio quality issue? He said he wasn't sure but it was a good place to start.

I'm going to try and get it in next week and post an update.
Today my service manager said the patch was suppose to help the sound quality but don't expect too much from the current speakers. They need to be replaced to make much of a difference and I don't expect Honda to do that.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 PM

I got the software update today at my dealership in Evansville, Indiana. Everything seems to be working great. The stereo sound is still disappointing but much better. At least I can now tell I have the sub at level 6... Nav works, voice calls work without locking up the system... just hope it lasts.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jlpevv
I got the software update today at my dealership in Evansville, Indiana. Everything seems to be working great. The stereo sound is still disappointing but much better. At least I can now tell I have the sub at level 6... Nav works, voice calls work without locking up the system... just hope it lasts.
Thanks for the info!
Glad to hear it at least helps the stereo. Hell, it can't get any worse.
My wife is taking ours in next week for the update.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Default Thanks for a great thread!!!

Fantastic thread as my wife has been pulling her hair out over these issues.

As an owner of a 2005 EX V6 w/Navi I couldn't wait to get the updated and highly praised 2013 Accord. We bought his and her's 2013 Accord EX-L's w/Navi on December 31. Identical cars except for the color. Mine has worked great (knock wood) since I drove it off the lot. Her's not so much. She has experienced the sound cut-off of sound system, navi, phone, etc. only to pull over and restart the car.

She took it to the dealer the first time only to have them say "we can't reproduce the problem". She got a hold of the service manager only to find out that his wife has a 2013 Accord with the same problems. I am going to have her call him tomorrow to see if our dealer here in Southern California has the fix.

Thanks for all the posts!

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth