Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I just had a really bad conversation with Honda Customer relations. This is the second case Iopened with them about these issues and both times, I was totally blown offwith "take your car to the dealer, if you don't like it take it to another dealer."

Like that's going to help when there is no fix for thispoorly engineered car. The conversation took a bad turn because this time around, I did not hold back and told themwhat I thought of their car, their dealers and their side stepping attitude and doing nothing to help. I could have figured out to take the car to the dealer. When the dealer denies your problem and fixes nothing and then treatsyou rudely, the owner has no recourse.

Honda is not going to help anyone in this process. They are likely avoiding admitting to having built an untested car in order to prepare to defend themselves against a classaction lawsuit.

This car is terrible and the only solution is for Honda tolose sales. After owing 6 Hondas, I willnever buy another Honda! Not justbecause of one TERRIBLE car, but because of their poor attitude. They chose to remove the main reason I boughttheir cars, reliability. Coupled withpoor customer relations and with rude service departments without consequence, I have no reason to buy an EXPENSIVE Honda again.

The ironic thing is that I chose the Accord over the Legacy because of the "better" entertainment system. Boy was that a mistake....

Last edited by acrd; 04-05-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've been posting for a short while now and everything I read tells me not to bring my car into the dealer for "the fix". I did call to complain; they said they were going to pick it up this week but they never contacted me. Most unusual considering this is the 4th vehicle I have bought from them. So, I have spent this past week reading posts and, with each passing day, I felt more uncomfortable having anyone there monkey with the car.

My car is not nearly as bad as many of you and is about 90% useable, even though it occasionally has some sort of software seizure. This is not the experience I was looking for but I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Could I trouble Jaretr1 to post John Mendel's email address here? I would really like to give him my 2 cents. Maybe if enough Honda customers give him a piece of their mind, someone there will get motivated.

I know that as of this time, after 23 years of buying Honda's and Acura's, I will probably cross them off my list for future purchases because of this. What a damn shame!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default car is getting the software right now

I did some sound metering, and will compare the results on the drive home. They are also looking at the cabin pressure flutter, and I was delighted when the tech rep heard or felt the problem immediately. They asked if I wanted to rent a car while they fix it. Before I could reply, I think my facial expression prompted them to say they could probably pick up the rental fee.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I don't think I'm crossing Honda off my potential future car list, but I will definitely check audio quality more carefully, seat heaters more carefully, remote start systems more carefully, and run the sales guy through some hypothetical scenarios about complaint resolution and bug fixes.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 AM

I called Honda yesterday to file another complaint about the poor sound quality,
since I now have the patch done.
I told them this is our 5th new Accord, and if they can't get the stereo to sound like a premium system, it will be our last.

They said someone from Honda would contact me Monday.
But I'm not holding my breath on that.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:15 PM

A simple google search of Honda Executive Vice President should lead you to John's email address without even needing to click on a link. It will simply get forwarded to Honda customer relations and they will contact you. However, if this person gets enough of these emails, maybe something other than it getting forwarded to customer relations will happen.

I am looking forward to my conversation on Monday with the same guy who handles my region for customer service. My guess is he will tell me to take the car back to the dealer once again. The only way I would take my car back to a dealer for this is if they have a way to measure audio system output and frequency response. I am sure they don't, nor does Honda have a standard even if they did. I wish I knew a way to get the audio system wattage output measured. If there is a way to prove the system is not pumping out 360 watts, then perhaps there is legitimate legal recourse as its clearly advertised. Similar to the way auto makers have falsely advertised fuel economy ratings, or even horsepower measurements (which I dont question in my V6 accord at all!)

Its still somewhat baffling that all the early tests by all the different auto journalists, not one mention of the poor audio sound.

Last edited by Jaretr1; 04-06-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Radio volume now goes way louder, no question. I honestly think the sound is better too,. Went from crap to just below average or average. My whooping noise pressure flutter sound was fixed in the dealer lot, but as soon as I got home it is back.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So after my concersation with Honda customer relations yesterday, I dropped off my car at the dealer and requested a buy back from the GM. He was willing to help, but he could only go at market rates. So we're waiting for his Honda rep to come next week to further discuss. I'm sure they won't buy it back and will try to persuade me that they can fix everything.

I already told them to fix everything. Good luck to them. (I left the car there)

I did not want to be in this position, so I bought a Honda…… huh?

Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default ouch

Originally Posted by acrd
So after my concersation with Honda customer relations yesterday, I dropped off my car at the dealer and requested a buy back from the GM. He was willing to help, but he could only go at market rates. So we're waiting for his Honda rep to come next week to further discuss. I'm sure they won't buy it back and will try to persuade me that they can fix everything.

I already told them to fix everything. Good luck to them. (I left the car there)

I did not want to be in this position, so I bought a Honda…… huh?
Sorry to hear of your travails. Looks like he is gonna try and low ball you with the "Manheim(?) Index" - which you can't access, for wholesale spot price. Don't go down without a fight and w/o at least talking with a lawyer if need be.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Good grief, sounds like my son's hassles with his 2010 Hyundai Sonata, there was a drift to the left front end issue that the company dodged and weaved for months before solving it-by shimming it, what a mess that car was..and in the meantime generating an awful lot of complaints and customer dissatisfaction. But that was a Hyundai..not a Honda. This is, as they say, very disconcerting!
My second Honda EX-L V6 coupe. I had an '08; I should have run that puppy into the ground. This car doesn't hold a candle to it once you get in the damned thing. The touch screen is a pain..the push to start, well I just don't get that..I mean I have the keys guys..it's smaller in there, I'm 6'..it's tight..and the audio system simply sucks. Honda- are you listening?
I'm not a real techno guy and I'm reluctant to really check out the nav, for fear I'm going to discover some problems. It's more cluttered than the '08 nav, that's for sure. But what I can say is I have had a lot of cars and to say this is a premium sound system? Nah.Not even close.
So I called the dealer, they ran my VIN..supposedly the car doesn't have any patches or updates needed. You mean this is it? I have to get an aftermarket resolution to this? Spend what I'm thinking will be 5-700 bucks to have some kind of preamp and decent speakers installed? These are 2 ohm speakers? Huh?
This could really be a dealbreaker for me. I never even questioned the quality of Honda, I just out and bought another one. My bad I guess..but theirs too.
I'm going to call the region, whatever they call it..a higher authority. But after my son's trevails with Hyundai, and from what I read here, Honda's response- seems similar, surprisingly-I'm not expecting much.
Honda should address these electronic issues though, nav, audio, even if it costs them. Customer satisfaction brings them back guys..

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth