Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default New day, new problem

Seat control buttons only move about one inch per press,must keep re pressing he buttons to keep moving to full travel.

Complete list to date:

1) Static noise when I first turn on thecar and stereo. It does it in all sources (FM, USB, etc) All you get is static.Turning off the radio and back on doesn't help, the only fix is to shut off carand restart. Happened 3 times so far. (I have this on video)

2) Both screens are black on startup ofthe car and nothing works on the radio. Shut the car off and turn it back onand it's all back to normal. (I have this on video)

3) No response to headlight switch, themain screen stays daylight bright immediately after starting the car andturning on the lights. Fix: turn off the lights and back on, then it dimsaccordingly.

4) When my wife is driving her Honda Pilotnear my car, my cell phone (which is also linked to her car) Bluetoothconnection will disconnect from your car and connect to her car.

5) If I turn off voice feedback (talks toomuch) you cannot voice dial a number. Thesystem will respond to "call Bob, mobile" and shows Bob's number, butdoes actually dial the number. If I turnthe voice feedback back on, it works the same way, but actually dials thenumber.

6) Voice feedback "readsscreens" randomly, even when the feature is turned off. (example, you tuneto a radio station and it will say "88.1")

7) Navigation quit navigating and rebootedin the middle of a "navigation". The system stopped talking in mid-sentence, locked up (stopped moving),screen went black and system rebooted as if I had just started the car and itpicked up where it left off, only after I missed like 3 turns, because I couldnot stop and wait for it. (I have this on video)

8) Annoyingly slow response to everything,all the time. (music selection, destination selection, all inputs)

9) Does not display song times on duringMusic Search (I have this on video)

10) Mirror camera activates randomly withturn signal (left or right) even if disabled

11) Radio preset touch screens lightens upwhen touched, but radio does not change stations. It can only be done by the steering wheelcontrol. To fix it, turn the radio offand then back on.

12) When "scrolling" through themap with the round selector button, it stops responding. (I have this on video)

13) After inserting a CD into the CDplayer, the ICON may not show up in the list of sources and so I cannot play theCD if I change sources after it is inserted.

14) The HDD source is unable to record fromany source. It is therefore useless.

15) The transmission makes a banging soundwhen:

a. Transitioningfrom reverse to drive

b. Downshiftingfrom overdrive

c. Transitioningfrom keeping speed to slight acceleration with one downshift, especially whengoing uphill.

16) Under full throttle, the transmission sometimesdoes not shift from second to third gear. The RPM increases until reaching the rev limiter in second gear(slightly beyond redline). If releasethe gas pedal, it shifts. If I do not,the engine will stay shut off until it drops about 1000-1500 RPM, then shiftsand begins to accelerate again. Inoticed that it only happens in the 2 to 3 shift, but not every time. So at the time I need acceleration the most,the engine shuts off due to lack of shifting and I have no option to force theshift. My only choice is to wait or letgo of the gas pedal, both are counterproductive to what I need most in thosetimes.

17) Seat memory buttons have stoppedworking (I have this on video)

18) Seat control buttons only move aboutone inch per press, must keep re pressing he buttons to keep moving to fulltravel. (I have this on video)

LINK TO VIDEOS

Last edited by acrd; 04-03-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by don.crowe
For those of us that are on our second patch / update and still having problems I found out something interesting. I called the Attorney General's office and was asked to fill out a complaint form and that I might want to Google North Carolina Lemon laws. I pulled up NC lemon law for new vehicles and in NC if you have to have the same defect repaired four or more times in a 24 month period you are entitled to a replacement vehicle or a refund of the purchase price. The defect does not have to be a safety related item, it can be anything you paid for, on the car, and are not getting.
You may want to pull up your states laws.
I am still not seeing anything from any of the major auto review sites discussing any of our problems.
I read Texas Lemon Laws. My car is now in for the 4th time. It went in yesterday morning. Called and they said they are still working on it. When they finally are ready to return the car to me I need all 4 work orders and results from them. Then I send a certified letter to American Honda. From there the process starts to either give me a "Full Refund" and/or a new vehicle.

Everyone needs to get the Lemon Law process started. That is the only way Honda will honestly do something to correct all the deficiencies with these vehicles.

I purchased the vehicle on 12/5. It now has 8,200 miles on the odometer. I think it is definitely time for a new car. These problems started within the first week of driving the vehicle.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Administrator

All I can really say about this mess you members have gotten into-and I don't say this to be an * SS, but I'm sure glad I don't have a brand new car..
Never have had any problems with my older Honda 1990-1991 thank you!
I hope all you members get all the kinks worked out before it's time to trade these cars in..

Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies

It's better to try to work it what with Honda rather the using the lemon law. These car companies have a lot more resources then a single individual and they will fight tooth and nail to prevent a VIN number from being classified as a lemon. (bad for stats).

A class action suit has a much better chance, but needs the owners to organize and participate. But by the end, you get a couple hundred dollars or a little more.
We sued VW under the lemon law (it was a perfect fit according to the definition of a lemon in the law) for a 1997 Passat GLX (VR6). Two years later, 2 appeals later, we were forced to settle for $2000 under threat of a judge (long story, I would rather not get into here). And we still had to deal with the unsellable POS Passat.

We lost a lot more than that in repairs and wasted time and emotion. We found the lemon law to be useless because of the deep pockets of the auto manufacturers.

We found it best to find a way to work a buy back with the dealer. Especially, if they sell other brands that you may be able to work out a deal on as a trade in. But they should help get your money back minus the miles you used (use the government standard cost per mile to calculate your "discount"). This way, you're not losing on depreciation, just your actual usage. It's a fair approach and reasonable enough that they should work with you.

This is just my 2 cents worth after having been through he__ with this type of situation. I guess, if they are not willing to do anything reasonable and you have no choice, I suppose, you have no choice….

Old 04-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Needless to say, I've been following all these posts very closely. Judging from how many people have had worse issues after the upgrade, now I'm not so sure I should bring my car in. I can probably live with the issues I'm having and can certainly upgrade my audio independently, even though I obviously shouldn't have to.

One thing I've noticed about my car is that it's only after it's been sitting about 12 hours that it really goes crazy, like some sort of memory loss. When I start it after sitting overnight, it can't find my phone, bluetooth, phone book, etc. Then, after posting a series of error messages, it seems to right itself. If I use it again during the day, everything works fine.

I know this probably sounds silly, like the car has a mind of its own or is haunted, but I'm just grasping for straws here. At this point, I'm really conflicted about whether to have the dealer upgrade my computer.

Whoever thought these kinds of problems would be happening with a Honda??

Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies

My vehicle has now started Day #3 at the dealer. They are still "running tests" and so far everything works fine. Now they want me to return at 1 pm today so they can load my phone book. It seems the technician's phone works fine with the car. They want to blame all the problems on my phone. Funny how my phone works fine on my wife's 2012 Odyssey. Also, my wife has the exact same phone with no problems on her car. When I first purchase my car everything worked great!

Also, I am now told that it is "normal" for the headlights to blink on & off when I'm driving at night!

Can not wait to see what happens this afternoon.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Pardon the slightly off-topic addition to this thread.

I also have a 2013 Accord but I don't have the NAV option. I also am seeing issues with the entertainment system / radio (...what else would you call it?)

Here's my issue...
- Ipod integration / playing via Bluetooth or direct cable connection work flawlessly...no issues.
- If I try to play PANDORA (internet) radio, the system will alternately play as expected (maybe 10% of the time), read my iphone and then indicate NO DATA (60% of the time) or read the phone and begin playing a song, only to cut off and stop playing (30% of the time).
- If I try AHA, I can start the application just fine...I hear the application starting tone and receive an indication that the phone is recognized. The same basic issues as above with Pandora happen.
- I should also mention that the applications play just fine in stand-alone mode.

I've tried removing the applications from my phone and reinstalling them...cold booting my phone...everything I can think of.

I've just returned from a 7:30AM service appointment and the "tech-guy" at the dealer was polite but he told me up front he likely will not be able to help me. ...he wasn't.

I'm about to call Honda (corporate) and file a complaint. This is ridiculous!

I know that Siri is being tested for integration into the Accord...I understand it's in process now. I've not seen anything that indicates a scheduled release date yet. Heck, maybe if I yell loud enough I can get included in the Beta test of Siri!

Thanks for listening...

Scott

Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by BoloMK34
Pardon the slightly off-topic addition to this thread.

I also have a 2013 Accord but I don't have the NAV option. I also am seeing issues with the entertainment system / radio (...what else would you call it?)

Here's my issue...
- Ipod integration / playing via Bluetooth or direct cable connection work flawlessly...no issues.
- If I try to play PANDORA (internet) radio, the system will alternately play as expected (maybe 10% of the time), read my iphone and then indicate NO DATA (60% of the time) or read the phone and begin playing a song, only to cut off and stop playing (30% of the time).
- If I try AHA, I can start the application just fine...I hear the application starting tone and receive an indication that the phone is recognized. The same basic issues as above with Pandora happen.
- I should also mention that the applications play just fine in stand-alone mode.

I've tried removing the applications from my phone and reinstalling them...cold booting my phone...everything I can think of.

I've just returned from a 7:30AM service appointment and the "tech-guy" at the dealer was polite but he told me up front he likely will not be able to help me. ...he wasn't.

I'm about to call Honda (corporate) and file a complaint. This is ridiculous!

I know that Siri is being tested for integration into the Accord...I understand it's in process now. I've not seen anything that indicates a scheduled release date yet. Heck, maybe if I yell loud enough I can get included in the Beta test of Siri!

Thanks for listening...

Scott
We don't all have the same options and I don't think any of us have all the same problems but we all have problems that involve, to some part, software for the Nav. system, sound system and blu-tooth. Reporting the problems to the dealer and then to Honda of America is the first step. I have had what Honda calls 'The patch' down loaded twice and I still have problems. Not as many as I did at first but still have some. It would be nice to get some feed back from others that use the same devices as you for there music because I'm an old fart and those devices intimidate me. I'm happy just to get my CD's to the hard drive.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 PM

I would like to add, I sent an Email to John Mendel (Vice President in charge of Sales, North America) yesterday advising of my dissatisfaction with the quality of the audio system and the outdated Nav map, and I received a call today from the customer service guy I spoke to months ago when I first made my complaint to Honda following up on the email the executive office had received. Not sure what he will be able to tell me or do for me because he was essentially helpless the first time around. I might call later today if I am in the mood to hear what he has to say.

It is really dissapointing to understand that Honda put so much engineering and design into this car, but obviously had to cut costs somewhere to meet a price point, and among those cuts were obviously the parts used in the audio system (speakers but mostly amplification). The designed in tweeter placement and subwoofer location. But because they so badly skimped on the components, the design thought is moot.

And I hear you Don. I dont get all the hype with Pandora and Aha, it almost seems more work to get it to work then its worth. It takes so long to load and switch channels. I like instant gratification I get with XM or FM.

The saga continues. I wonder if Honda is paying any attention to this forum. And while all of us are obviously vocal about our issues, there maybe thousands of people who are not posting on the internet and just not happy, and either telling their friends or simply wont buy another Honda.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

My dealer just refused to fix my transmsission problem. This is my last Honda.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth