Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default my SIII works fine

Originally Posted by ehhonda
I had the same problem with an S3 and had to upgrade to the Note 2 (S4 was not available at the time). Without access to the phonebook, you are missing a lot of the functions. The phonebook gives you access to easier speed dial/voice tags, tells you the name of who is calling if that person is in your phonebook; shows the picture of the incoming caller (if you have put a picture in your phonebook) and gives you access to all your phonebook numbers from the car's display without having to dig out your phone.

The $2 Bluetooth Phonebook application from Google Play solved these issues for me.
No problems connecting/phone book. AT&T JB 4.1.1

Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 PM

So I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S4. It does not work in my 2013 Accord V6 Ex-L (no nav). The phone shows that it is paired to handsfreelink, and the car shows that phone and audio are enabled. When I switch to the bluetooth source in the car, nothing happens and the music either plays through the phone still or no volume at all... In addition, when I plug it in through the USB port it says "unsupported". I have no way to use my phone in this car. Are any fellow Galaxy S4 users having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get the phone to work with the car? I really don't want to have to go back to the cell phone store and return this for the iphone again (which I have never had a problem with in the car).

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Old 07-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Default 2013 Accord - Suddenly Can't Import Call History

Just got a new 2013 Accord Touring a week and a half ago. Paired my Samsung Stratosphere android phone via bluetooth the first day. Everything was working great. Starting yesterday, I've started getting an error pop-up on the screen when I first get into the car and turn it on. The error says "Unable to import call history". I can still make/take calls via bluetooth, and my phone book imports just fine - just the call history has problems. Since it worked for the first week, (I could view the call history from the car's phone menu), I know it's not an incompatibility issue with my phone, but I have no clue what might have changed to suddenly make it stop working. Anybody else see this problem or have any ideas about a solution? In general, I'm loving the new car and am very happy with it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default schizophrenia

Originally Posted by kjsindfw
Just got a new 2013 Accord Touring a week and a half ago. Paired my Samsung Stratosphere android phone via bluetooth the first day. Everything was working great. Starting yesterday, I've started getting an error pop-up on the screen when I first get into the car and turn it on. The error says "Unable to import call history". I can still make/take calls via bluetooth, and my phone book imports just fine - just the call history has problems. Since it worked for the first week, (I could view the call history from the car's phone menu), I know it's not an incompatibility issue with my phone, but I have no clue what might have changed to suddenly make it stop working. Anybody else see this problem or have any ideas about a solution? In general, I'm loving the new car and am very happy with it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hate to say it but you better get used to it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And Honda doesn't have a clue. I get the same kinds of errors all the time. You can turn off the car and restart it and the error will be gone, or not. While I just love my car, this phone system is just a 3rd world piece of crap and they should be ashamed of themselves for a) releasing it like this, and b) being unable (unwilling?) to find a fix. When the time comes for another car, I will have to think long and hard about Honda, despite loving the car otherwise. Good luck and don't pull your hair out!

Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Took my Accord in yesterday for the third software update hoping it would fix the blu-tooth problems I am still having with my Verizon Razor ( It locks up sometimes when receiving calls, won't down load the call history or address book ) . I picked the car up today and asked the tech. to sit in it with me and make sure everything works. No change from when I brought it in yesterday. He concluded it must be my phone.
What a joke. I've given up on all the other electronics I paid good money for that doesn't work or works poorly.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jaretr1
As I previously mentioned, when I use Aha or Pandora via my HTC One with BeatsAudio, the sound is significantly better than all other sources or with it off. This leads me back to the amplifier or software / firmware being the culprit of the lousy sounding audio. I sent an email with this information to Honda stating I was willing to demonstrate this.

Today I received a call from the same guy, Reggie, at Honda saying that the audio system is functioning as designed and that there are no known software issues with the system at this time. I took what he said that Honda is not working on any further solutions to the audio system sound quality issue or otherwise at this time.

I am curious to see when the 2014 model comes out if there will be any improvement. Additionally, like I mentioned, the amplifier unit for the Coupe model with Navi shows discontinued. I think if and when the 2014 model comes out and there is a new part number, I am going to demand they replace my amp with that one.
I have to agree with Reggie, the sound system is functioning as designed. Cheep.
Honda can make all the software changes they want but they can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The magnet structure on the speakers in my car will never produce a premium sound. Replacing them is the only option. I do think it interesting that Honda is no longer making the amp available and I wonder what is replacing it. One of our other contributors replaced just the speakers and he said it made a world of difference but again not even an amp replacement can make the current speakers sound good.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by don.crowe
I have to agree with Reggie, the sound system is functioning as designed. Cheep.
Honda can make all the software changes they want but they can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The magnet structure on the speakers in my car will never produce a premium sound. Replacing them is the only option. I do think it interesting that Honda is no longer making the amp available and I wonder what is replacing it. One of our other contributors replaced just the speakers and he said it made a world of difference but again not even an amp replacement can make the current speakers sound good.
Honda will do nothing about this as they seem to think it's "fine". I gave up on them and replaced all my speakers with high end Infinity 2 ohm speakers and their separate powered sub. Night and day and I now have a premium sound system, probably what it should have been in the first place. Only drawback was the cost. The whole job ran close to a grand but they literally had to take the interior out - took over 8 hours. Worth every penny.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by don.crowe
Took my Accord in yesterday for the third software update hoping it would fix the blu-tooth problems I am still having with my Verizon Razor ( It locks up sometimes when receiving calls, won't down load the call history or address book ) . I picked the car up today and asked the tech. to sit in it with me and make sure everything works. No change from when I brought it in yesterday. He concluded it must be my phone.
What a joke. I've given up on all the other electronics I paid good money for that doesn't work or works poorly.
They will never get this right and I don't think they have any incentive to do so. After all, they have our money! Not enough people to put together a class action and not enough reward for a lawyer to take it. So, we all got screwed. I live with my largely POS blu-tooth and take what it will give me on any given day. I do love the car but will remember this when it comes time to get another.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:34 AM

I'm having similar, tho' intermittent problems with the Radio/Electronics - it "seems" that the cause could be related to how fast I put the car into gear (particularly reverse) after starting the engine.

I had the Honda recall Software refresh done with my 2013 Accord V6 (no Nav)

There are two primary issues:
1. Bluetooth will either repeatedly drop the connection after briefly connecting -OR- The phone will connect but the in-car speakers and microphone don't work - you have to hold the phone to your ear to hear & speak (sorta defeats the purpose ... eh?)
2. Audio system will drop the last setting (i.e. where the radio was set prior to turning off - e.g. AM, FM, Sirius, etc) - it will default to CD and indicate "No Disk Present" (there isn't a disk mounted)

If I wait until the "HondaLink" logo appears on the center monitor and then shift into reverse, the problem doesn't seem to happen.

Took it to Honda dealer to check out. Service Tech paired his phone without problem. But when I got in to drive away... guess what? My Bluetooth exhibited the drop call symptom.

If I shut off & restart Bluetooth on the phone, the problem goes away.

My phone works perfectly with my 2012 Honda Pilot Bluetooth - it's not the phone.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM

I have a 2013 Accord LX w/Navi. I recently had a situation were the trip computer was calculating erroneous time to destination, the speed dial system would drop memory during a crank, and the hard drive would go into some type of search mode when I moved the mode select switch (left/right swith on large **** in the center of the lower console). I was passing through Flagstaff, AZ at the time and stopped in at Findlay Honda (no endorsement intended, however their service was excellent). They did a firmware update (took about 20 minutes) and all the gremlins went away. If you have not gotten this update, I strongly recommend it. My car is now working perfectly.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth