Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM

I have had my Accord V6 EXL with Nav. about 4 weeks. I have loaded and lost Speed Calling 3 times. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 from AT&T. My phone is totally connected and my 400+ contacts are readily available by using voice commands and calling last name first and then selecting home, mobile, other. I have confirmed with American Honda that they are aware of the "losing speed calling" and are working on it. It is not the phone. That is the only real problems I am having.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 AM

I had same problem w/ Accord EXL w/ Navi. With help from Honda in CA, dealer installed SB 12-070 [Aug 31, 2013] even though my car wasn't on VIN list affected. It's only 6 days, but seems to be working.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by nfmexl
I would be surprised if Honda improved the speakers because that would be a tacit admission that the 2013's speakers were crap. I had to upgrade my speakers and sub at a cost of about $1000 and I would surely want to be compensated if Honda fixed the problem they denied existed.

I really do love my car but the whole stereo/phone/navi system is so neurotic that I will probably consider looking at another brand for my next car. This after driving nothing but Acura's and Honda's since 1990. I'm so disappointed in them.
I looked online and it doesnt seem like Honda has made any changes to the 2014 Accord at all. Not even new colors. Only thing new is the Hybrid and Plug In Hybrid versions.

I continue to beleive its not the speaker quality, but the quality of the amplifier and the firmware that is driving the entire system that is having such a negative effect on the sound. The ILX, Civic have the same speaker set up and both of those cars sound significantly better (ILX with Acura Premium Audio and Civic with Premium Audio).

Also, the whole integration with smart phones for app use stinks. Sometimes I get a consistant connection with my phone for Pandora, sometimes I cannot get it to connect at all.

Other than this audio trouble, everything else about the car I like a lot. The V6 performs great and returns decent fuel economy for the performance, the car handles and rides well, is comfortable, and its a darn good looking car (coupe anyway). Just wish Honda would acknowledge how poor the audio quality in this car is and fix it and make its owners happy.

Meanwhile, the Accord is the best selling midsize car this year when fleet sales are taken out of the count (Toyota sells to fleets, Honda doesnt). So its hard to argue people are not buying the Accord because of the sound system.

Its also interesting to note, of all midsize cars, only the Accord does not have a "branded" premium audio option, (like Bose,Infinity, JBL etc).

Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by BocaHonda
I had same problem w/ Accord EXL w/ Navi. With help from Honda in CA, dealer installed SB 12-070 [Aug 31, 2013] even though my car wasn't on VIN list affected. It's only 6 days, but seems to be working.
I've spoke to my local dealer (SoCal area) and they are now telling me that the new firmware version (SB-12-070) is available and is actively being installed to correct previously identified issues with the OEM radio.

I have an appointment this week and will be dropping off my car on Tuesday so they can play with it on Wednesday (Sept 9, 2013).

I'll keep the board updated but from my conversations with the Service Weenies, it should fix most of the issues I'm seeing.

Interesting that now that I upgraded to the iPhone 5S...incoming text messages are no longer being alerted and offered to be read to me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Scott

Old 10-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Default Text Msgs with iOS 7

Originally Posted by BoloMK34
I've spoke to my local dealer (SoCal area) and they are now telling me that the new firmware version (SB-12-070) is available and is actively being installed to correct previously identified issues with the OEM radio.

I have an appointment this week and will be dropping off my car on Tuesday so they can play with it on Wednesday (Sept 9, 2013).

I'll keep the board updated but from my conversations with the Service Weenies, it should fix most of the issues I'm seeing.

Interesting that now that I upgraded to the iPhone 5S...incoming text messages are no longer being alerted and offered to be read to me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Scott
That's interesting. I still have iPhone 5, but updated to iOS 7 and all of a sudden I'm getting text msgs on screen & read to me.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Default iPhone5

Are you saying you are getting text messages read to you with an iPhone5? I got the phone in May and used to have a BlackBerry. That phone read the messages to me...this one does not. Is there an upgrade for the Honda that I should request?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I spoke with my Honda tech yesterday, he said they have no new firmware updates for the radio in my car, since the upgrade I received in April. I have a 2013 EX-L V6 no navigation. They flashed the new firmware onto the radio back in April, and some problems went away, others showed up. He told me they haven't heard of anyone having problems since they've updated the firmware. Yeah right. So I'm in the process of organizing all my videos of the problems, pictures of the problems, explanations of the features that don't work, and I'm bringing the car in and telling them to keep it until all of them are fixed. it's the 4th time back at the dealer. Right now our CD player locks up the system, after you hit eject, the screen just says ejecting, the disc comes out, but ejecting remains on the screen until you shut the car off. Too many issues to mention here, but I'll keep everyone posted again. I haven't been on this board in a while, but for those who are new to this one will see I posted quite a bit back in the beginning of 2013 on this issue, in this thread.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just heard back from the Service Writer and they have been approved to update the firmware version (I'll confirm the exact version when I pick-up the car) to correct most of the issues I'm seeing.

The technician also said that my "audio unit" must be replaced and they're waiting for authorization from Honda to order the part (it's REALLY expensive and dealers don't carry them in stock). Once approved, they'll order the part...they expect 3-5 day wait until delivery...then we'll coordinate an installation date.

Looking forward to getting the new firmware and my car back...

I'll update the group as soon as I know more.

Scott

Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by earlflux
I spoke with my Honda tech yesterday, he said they have no new firmware updates for the radio in my car, since the upgrade I received in April. I have a 2013 EX-L V6 no navigation. They flashed the new firmware onto the radio back in April, and some problems went away, others showed up. He told me they haven't heard of anyone having problems since they've updated the firmware. Yeah right. So I'm in the process of organizing all my videos of the problems, pictures of the problems, explanations of the features that don't work, and I'm bringing the car in and telling them to keep it until all of them are fixed. it's the 4th time back at the dealer. Right now our CD player locks up the system, after you hit eject, the screen just says ejecting, the disc comes out, but ejecting remains on the screen until you shut the car off. Too many issues to mention here, but I'll keep everyone posted again. I haven't been on this board in a while, but for those who are new to this one will see I posted quite a bit back in the beginning of 2013 on this issue, in this thread.
There is a newer version of firmware available...look thru this thread for the exact version. It is not VIN# specific and may address the CD issue you're talking about.

Scott

Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by BoloMK34
Just heard back from the Service Writer and they have been approved to update the firmware version (I'll confirm the exact version when I pick-up the car) to correct most of the issues I'm seeing.

The technician also said that my "audio unit" must be replaced and they're waiting for authorization from Honda to order the part (it's REALLY expensive and dealers don't carry them in stock). Once approved, they'll order the part...they expect 3-5 day wait until delivery...then we'll coordinate an installation date.

Looking forward to getting the new firmware and my car back...

I'll update the group as soon as I know more.

Scott
OK, here's my thoughts on the new firmware after >1 day of use...

GREAT STUFF!

Most of my problems are fixed (I still can't get my text messages to be sad to me) and some of the new features are nice. I really like the iPod connection display features!

I'm waiting for the rest of the work to be completed when they get the needed parts in from the factory (installation date TBD).

Scott

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth