Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by nfmexl
Needless to say, I've been following all these posts very closely. Judging from how many people have had worse issues after the upgrade, now I'm not so sure I should bring my car in. I can probably live with the issues I'm having and can certainly upgrade my audio independently, even though I obviously shouldn't have to.

One thing I've noticed about my car is that it's only after it's been sitting about 12 hours that it really goes crazy, like some sort of memory loss. When I start it after sitting overnight, it can't find my phone, bluetooth, phone book, etc. Then, after posting a series of error messages, it seems to right itself. If I use it again during the day, everything works fine.

I know this probably sounds silly, like the car has a mind of its own or is haunted, but I'm just grasping for straws here. At this point, I'm really conflicted about whether to have the dealer upgrade my computer.

Whoever thought these kinds of problems would be happening with a Honda??
I second that. Had an appt yesterday for update but all they could tell me was that it was to fix "bugs" which was a tad too generic for me in the absense of n oted problems. More info on fixes (common Honda it's not like this is classified info) would help.....I also picked up a galaxy s III yesterday at at&t and it works flawlessly with bt and dloads emails + txts which surprised me. Even reads them if you like robot speak. That was another reason I did not do the update, if it ain't broke.....

Last edited by nicoljb; 04-04-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by acrd
My dealer just refused to fix my transmission problem. This is my last Honda.
Wow!! Why did they not fix it if it is under warranty. Is this a V6?

Damn that sucks, I hope I don't run into the same issue.

Thanks

Mike

Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by mikek123
Wow!! Why did they not fix it if it is under warranty. Is this a V6?

Damn that sucks, I hope I don't run into the same issue.

Thanks

Mike

Yes, V6. They said they looked at it last time and did not find a problem. And then, they began to explain to me how a CVT works. I corrected him that it is a 6 speed auto and not a CVT on the V6 car. He had to go check "something" and came back and admitted he was wrong. However, the receipt still says it's a CVT (and has my VIN and the model says "V6").

So the miss shift continues (4 more times since last visit less then one month ago) and he said they already diagnosed it and will not look at it again.

I clarified that he refused to fix it and I called Honda customer relations and reported him and I will get a call back tomorrow.

I emailed the general manager of the Honda dealer as well.

This is my 3rd Honda from them. I feel I deserve better treatment.

I have requested a buy back.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Default Galaxy SIII

Originally Posted by nicoljb
I second that. Had an appt yesterday for update but all they could tell me was that it was to fix "bugs" which was a tad too generic for me in the absense of n oted problems. More info on fixes (common Honda it's not like this is classified info) would help.....I also picked up a galaxy s III yesterday at at&t and it works flawlessly with bt and dloads emails + txts which surprised me. Even reads them if you like robot speak. That was another reason I did not do the update, if it ain't broke.....
Does your Bluetooth download contacts from the S3 to the car's phonebook? Mine does not, but another EX-L V6 from the dealer's lot (exact configuration as mine) works like a charm. Same phone, different car.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM

Yes, V6. They said they looked at it last time and did not find a problem. And then, they began to explain to me how a CVT works. I corrected him that it is a 6 speed auto and not a CVT on the V6 car. He had to go check "something" and came back and admitted he was wrong. However, the receipt still says it's a CVT (and has my VIN and the model says "V6").

So the miss shift continues (4 more times since last visit less then one month ago) and he said they already diagnosed it and will not look at it again.

I clarified that he refused to fix it and I called Honda customer relations and reported him and I will get a call back tomorrow.

I emailed the general manager of the Honda dealer as well.

This is my 3rd Honda from them. I feel I deserve better treatment.

I have requested a buy back.
Bring it back with the same complaint, and have them either fix it or refuse to fix it, but whatever they do, demand to have a service invoice created. This is prime lemon law material. The last thing the dealer wants is to answer to Honda about a lemon law issue because their service department was unable or unwilling to fix a legitimate issue with the drivability of the car.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have nowhere near the length of time you you (and Don before your post) have with this issue but I think we all see commonalities and as such I think that together we can be a force for good change.

Can I ask a favor? Post the full email address of that Honda executive or provide good instructions on how to obtain it. I know for a fact that big companies have dedicated teams that monitor social media outlets and I trust that they're monitoring this one as well. Saying that, I could suggest that ANYBODY who is having a similar problem, contact your local dealer AND contact corporate.

As I only took delivery of my Accord one week ago today, I was not certain of the breadth of the issue. THAT was one reason I searched out this board.

I'm not at home right now but when I get home later today I will be calling Honda and filing a complaint. If I can get the email address of that exec I'll drop him a note as well.

Lastly, I'm going to see if there's a way for us to obtain the version ID of the software in use. Maybe additional information about the hardware as well. Maybe we can share such information amongst ourselves and maybe make some connections...or reassure others following us that they're not alone.

Thoughts?

Comments?

Scott

Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by BoloMK34
I have nowhere near the length of time you you (and Don before your post) have with this issue but I think we all see commonalities and as such I think that together we can be a force for good change.

Can I ask a favor? Post the full email address of that Honda executive or provide good instructions on how to obtain it. I know for a fact that big companies have dedicated teams that monitor social media outlets and I trust that they're monitoring this one as well. Saying that, I could suggest that ANYBODY who is having a similar problem, contact your local dealer AND contact corporate.

As I only took delivery of my Accord one week ago today, I was not certain of the breadth of the issue. THAT was one reason I searched out this board.

I'm not at home right now but when I get home later today I will be calling Honda and filing a complaint. If I can get the email address of that exec I'll drop him a note as well.

Lastly, I'm going to see if there's a way for us to obtain the version ID of the software in use. Maybe additional information about the hardware as well. Maybe we can share such information amongst ourselves and maybe make some connections...or reassure others following us that they're not alone.

Thoughts?

Comments?

Scott
Perfect!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default yes

Originally Posted by ehhonda
Does your Bluetooth download contacts from the S3 to the car's phonebook? Mine does not, but another EX-L V6 from the dealer's lot (exact configuration as mine) works like a charm. Same phone, different car.
it does, but ALL my contacts by default which include (for now) all the ones built in by at&t.....I created a "family" group figuring the phone would give me an option to accept only that group but it does not. Guess I just have to either delete at&t stock #'s altogether and update the list in car or try putting those in a group and see what happens. I also tried to delete my old iphone but the HFL manual does not show any such option (???) neither does the dash menu give you that option. Perhaps I do need the "bug fix" update after all. Does read my email though which I would rarely use but it is cool.
Edit: found how to delete iphone in dash/phone menu finally. Delete all at&t #'s from "unassigned" and put them into a new group but when the phone sync'd contacts they were still there....enuf for today.

Last edited by nicoljb; 04-05-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

My car does not import any contacts from my iPhone 4S.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

My car does not import any contacts from my iPhone 4S.
did you enab le sync contacts in BT menue on iphone when you paired it ?

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth