Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

HELP!!! Installing an Alpine Poweer Pack KTP-445U

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Default HELP!!! Installing an Alpine Poweer Pack KTP-445U

Hey everyone! I need some help. My girlfiend just bought me an Alpine KTP-445U power pack for my '05 Accord EX Coupe with no Navi or Dual Climate Controls. Now I've read and spoke to some people over at Crutchfield and they say that it is plug and play with Alpine head units. But I want to keep my factory head unit and I am just wondering how to install this device. I am only using it to boost the power to the 4 Apline 6 1/2" Type S' that I just bought. I am running 6 1/2" in the rear cause I have never had good luck with 6x9's. I am also going to wire up a N-RHL2 2 channel LOC that I picked up from DavidNavone.com to hook up a 10" T0D210 Rockford to a . Now I have a few questions other than how to install the power pack. When using the LOC do I want to get my feed before or after the wiring for the Alpine Power Pack or can I just tap into the rear speaker lines and mount the LOC in the trunk? I have run systems before using after market Head Units but this will be my first using the factory deck. I could use any help. I really want to stick with this setup cause of the size of the power pack and I really do not need a ridiculous amount of power. Thank in advance for the help.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

you should listen to Crutchfield. the power pack is not intended for use with anything other than select Alpine head units. return the KTP-445 and buy an actual 4 channel amp with high-level inputs and auto turn-on. no LOC needed if the amp is capable.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM

E step by step install
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
you should listen to Crutchfield. the power pack is not intended for use with anything other than select Alpine head units. return the KTP-445 and buy an actual 4 channel amp with high-level inputs and auto turn-on. no LOC needed if the amp is capable.
Hey buddy I appreciate the feed back. The KTP-445 is the power pack that cannot be used with anything other than an Alpine head unit. The KTP-445U is a power pack that can be used with any factory head unit. Just looking to see if anyone has attempted to wire this unit to an Accord. I'll be going installing it on Thursday of next week so I will post pictures and the step by step install and give some ratings on the product. Thanks again bud.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Maybe nobody has done this yet ...

I am considering installing one of these (kpt-445u) in our 96 Accord.

Question -- should the yellow wire be connected to the red or yellow wire on the car?

The amp itself has positive (yellow) and ground (black), but does not have a switched wire (red). Instead it has the turn-on signla wire (blue) that can be connected to the radio. So this implies that the amp should be on a constant 12v power source.

The problem is, the radio constant 12v fuse on our car is rated only 10A. The amp specs state that it needs a 15A fuse. I can do one of the following:

* run a wire directly to the battery with an inline 15A fuse. This is extra work and creates extra wiring

* Connect it to the yellow wire in the car radio harness, and hope it does'nt blow the 10A fuse.

* Connect it to the yellow wire in the harness, and swap out the radio fuse for 15A.

* Connect it to the red wire in the harness, which is already 15A, and just have the amp run off switched power.

If anyone has tried any of the above before I would be curious to know the results.

Thanks. John