Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2012, 11:58 AM
2006 Honda Accord

Question 2006 Honda Accord Lock/Unlock Problem

I would like your advice on what part(s) is needed to correct the following problem. 2006 Honda Accord - remote door lock/unlock problem

From inside vehicle - driver door lock/unlock button works correctly

From outside vehicle with remote - remote correctly locks all 4 doors but only unlocks drivers door

With key in ignition and engine running, the car automatically locks all 4 doors.

Do I need a new actuator for the driver's door?

Many thanks for your guidance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Ahh....what is not working? I'm slow so you have to spell it out for me, sorry.

My child arrived just the other day, he came to the world in the usual way

Heaven is in the palm of my hand and it is waiting here for you, what I am I suppose to do with a childhood tragedy
Old 10-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

The way the remote works to unlock: UNLOCK - Press this button once to unlock the driverís door. Push it twice to unlock the other doors.

If the other doors unlock after the second press of the unlock button, everything sounds normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unlock.jpg (81.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-20-2012, 08:17 PM
2006 Honda Accord

Default Reply

The problem is that when you press the remote two times, which normally would unlock all 4 doors, ONLY the driver's door will unlock. The remote DOES properly lock all 4 doors after pressing the remote two times.

In addition, the car locks itself with the key in the ignition as soon as you get out of the car and close the driver's door. If you go out any other door, the car will not lock itself.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
2006 Honda Accord

Smile Problem fixed - 2006 Honda Accord Lock/Unlock Problem

I am not sure why this worked or even why I tried it, but my problem is fixed for now. After reading many posts from other members, I decided to use the key to manually unlock the drivers door and then try to use the remote to unlock the other 3 doors. Fortunately the other 3 doors unlocked and the remote now properly unlocks all 4 doors after pressing the unlock button twice. My assumption is that by using the metal key to unlock the drivers door first cause a "reset" of some kind to allow all 4 doors to sync up when locking and unlocking using the remote.

I hope this information helps other members in this forum.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 AM
2006 Honda Accord

Question Not fixed - 2006 Honda Accord - Lock/Unlock Problem

The fix I described did not last overnight. I still do not understand this problem and would appreciate any guidance offered from more experienced members.

2006 Accord 3.0L EX-L

Last edited by cuso5; 10-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Did you try the same thing again, did it work for a "few"? This may help narrow down the path.

Heaven is in the palm of my hand and it is waiting here for you, what I am I suppose to do with a childhood tragedy
Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
2006 Honda Accord

I did but nothing changed. Do you think the driver door actuator controls whether or not the other 3 doors lock and unlock with the remote?

The lock/unlock control buttons on the inside work perfectly.

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuso5 View Post
I did but nothing changed. Do you think the driver door actuator controls whether or not the other 3 doors lock and unlock with the remote?

The lock/unlock control buttons on the inside work perfectly.

Thanks.
Yes, pretty sure there is also a switch in the key lock cyl....sorry too tired to look up....that is why I asked about "re-trying" the key fix.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Tags
2006, accord, car, door, doors, driving, forum, honda, im, issues, key, lock, locks, problem, unlock