General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head lights problem need help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:24 AM
87Accord LXI
Unregistered
Default head lights problem need help please

HI ok this is my problem on my 87 Accord LXI when I first bought the car all the lights worked but now the passegr side low beam wont work but hi beam dose I replaced bouth head lights and stil dose not work any help would be great . And one more thing it is a 5 speed car when I shift from 1st to 2nd it will grind a little any clues/ help would be graet thanksn

Old 06-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: head lights problem need help please

ORIGINAL: 87Accord LXI

HI ok this is my problem on my 87 Accord LXI when I first bought the car all the lights worked but now the passegr side low beam wont work but hi beam dose I replaced bouth head lights and stil dose not work any help would be great .
Check your fuses. But likely the wiring could be broken behind the bulbs from bending back and forth turning the h/l on and off.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:53 AM

And one more thing it is a 5 speed car when I shift from 1st to 2nd it will grind a little any clues/ help would be graet thanksn
Worn syncro maybe? I'd just shift it a little easier, lower rpm.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

HI ok this is my problem on my 87 Accord LXI when I first bought the car all the lights worked but now the passegr side low beam wont work but hi beam dose I replaced bouth head lights and stil dose not work any help would be great .
Check your fuses. But likely the wiring could be broken behind the bulbs from bending back and forth turning the h/l on and off.

yep i agree with Chio.. i have seen it many many times,, the fuse also is problably blown,, cause when the wiring shorts it blows the fuse.
what you need to dois, remove the hed lite, open the wriring harness and at the bend, that;s where the wiring breaks, repair it, make sure to route it so it has some slack , so when the bucket goes up or down does not stratch the wiring .

And i agree as well on the worn syncros inside the tranny..

Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM
87Accord LXI
Unregistered

I checked out the wiers and you where right it had a broken wire so I fixed it and guss what it workes thanks for the help

Old 06-04-2006, 09:04 PM

I checked out the wiers and you where right it had a broken wire so I fixed it and guss what it workes thanks for the help
good job

First off i want to tank you for letting us know the fix.........I just wished everyone would do that ,,,

secondly that's what i like to see ,, another car fixed,, another happy member