General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucas Tranny Fix - who uses it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Default Lucas Tranny Fix - who uses it?

I know some of you guys swear by this stuff, but of course I've gotten some conflicting reviews from different people as to whether or not to put it in the AT in my '96 EX (w/ 161K miles). The mechanic that I get to work on my car for the harder jobs is a certified Honda mechanic and he's one of those individuals who has expressed a negative opinion about putting anything in it other than the Honda brand tranny fluid. But, I know there are people on this forum, like deserthonda, who have worked on Hondas for quite a while... and I've never heard him say anything negative about it. Bottom line is, the tranny in my car is very precise with its shifts and I have never felt it slip, but it does shift quite hard from time to time so if the Lucas additive will help with that without any ill effects to the tranny (including early retirement) I wouldn't mind using it. What are your opinions?

[8D]

Old 06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
compassltd
Unregistered
Default RE: Lucas Tranny Fix - who uses it?

My opinion is this: I own a trucking company and have 3 trucks, all newer. These trucks cost well over $100,000 each. The transmission in one of these trucks alone will cost more than your honda, and the engines twice as much. I swear by Lucas products and I use the engine additive as well as transmission and rear end fluid additive. I have never had a failure and I can tell you that transmission and rear end temps run about 5-7 degrees cooler with these products. I am not telling you to put it in or not put it in, I am only telling you about my experience with Lucas. Hope this helps make your decision easier.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

lucas is an outstanding brand that means business. right on the bottle of the lucas trans fix it states that once you put it in you will feel the effects immediately and you will. but the bottom line is, if there is nothing wrong with your tranny, dont put it in. and your tranny should shift much harsher when its cold, thats just normal.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:20 AM

Hmmm... well the tranny shifts hard sometimes after it's hot too... but the main thing I would like to alleviate is that sometimes when braking quickly to a complete stop the tranny seems to wait a little longer than normal to shift back from 2nd to 1st, and when it shifts it tends to want to lurch a little bit. Of course it doesn't do that all the time either... but when it does it usually catches me off-guard... How much of the stuff do you put in the tranny?

Thanks!

Old 06-10-2006, 04:24 AM
Administrator

Lucas Products are on the Top of My List as the very best products..I never have had tranny problems but I do use there Injecter cleaners, their Oil Additives and they are Very Highly Graded products at the race tracks across the country...[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

WheelBrokerAng[sm=usa.gif]

Old 06-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: nixalot

But, I know there are people on this forum, like deserthonda, who have worked on Hondas for quite a while... and I've never heard him say anything negative about it.

[8D]

Actually i have never said anything about it one way or another,, the reason being is that ,,i do not know much about the product, i have never personally used it .and i cannot comment 1 way or another on something i am not familiar with,,
. so when people talk about it , i just sit back and read,,,,,,,,,,As i suspected ,some people that have used it , have come forward with some advice on the product ..