Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Ingalls Adj. Ball joints hitting chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Default Ingalls Adj. Ball joints hitting chassis

96 Accord LX:
I just installed the TASAUTO Upper control arm set with Adjustible ball joints. I have 17's and D2 coilovers. On big bumps and dips I can hear the stud and or locking nut on top of the ball joint hitting the chassis. I stiffened the shocks and raised the car, still hits. Should I try and have the top of the inner fender well cut open or change to differentparts?
What do you guyssuggest?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Ingalls Adj. Ball joints hitting chassis

Unless you get adjustable control arms, you're going to have this problem. It's a known thing with adj. ball joints; they stick out farther than stock.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:04 PM

this is a question for zero.

i have just bought the same things for my car. did you have to reseat the ball joints yourself because mine are loose and considering ingalls directions are confusing how did you align the plates to the control arm. thanks.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:41 PM

Ok well I am assuming that you bought only the ball joints.?.? There is a PDF for the install on ingalls site. Just click on the part #. My actual ball joints were a bit loose aswell. Though I didn't like it, they where in better shape than the stock ones and I had no time to return them. In the PDF from Ingalls they speak of an alignment mark ON the c.arm. It is on top and is just a little dash. If you are reusing the stock arms then the mark is probably covered in dryed mud. Any way just line the slots up 90 degrees from the fender. To tighten I needed a Cresant wrench to hold the bottom piece (just above the rubber of the joint) and a 21mm hand wrench to tighten the top nut. Oh and take a Ball pin hammer and bang out the top of the inner well where the top nut will be smashing into it Just enough to clear it. Thats all I can think of right now. Let me know about anything else.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: zero5

Oh and take a Ball pin hammer and bang out the top of the inner well where the top nut will be smashing into it
or get the control arm adjuster kit that will actually give you better handling, doesn't fall apart and won't wear out in a year ..... I had this problem once.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:01 PM

^ x2