Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

02 accord, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Default 02 accord, is it worth it?

whatup everyone i just got my first car haha 4cylinder white accord 02 lx

quick question.. My car only has about 30,000 miles so i'll be driving it for awhile

should i spend money fixing it up? alot of people tell me i shouldnt because its more of a family car

i wanna add intake suspension rims lips and all that haha
what do you think?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

you can do a lot with that "family" car. nice first car. mine was a rust bucket 1980 Buick Regal that hardly ran.

this 02 accord doesn't look like much of a family car

click my link below to see what i did with my 2001 (mostly an over the top SQ sound system). i say have fun with it. you could drive it for well over 200k if well maintained. search around CarDomain for some ideas.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Here is one example of someone's white 2002 with simple mods. they make some nice looking kits for them (this is just a lip, headlights, fog lights, and rims).

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 01-13-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM

danng you got a really nice setup on your 01
and yea a kit and some rims will satisfy me

what about engine wise?
how far can you go with a v4 engine

i've just recently learned about intake and "performance chips" i think theyre called haha

should i consider installing these? any future problems i should be concerned about if i do so?
sorry in advance, i dont know much about cars

Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

well, you've come to the right place. there is a lot of information on your accord. 1998-2002 was the 6th generation of the Honda Accord. 2003 was a model change and a lot changed. Personally, I like the 6th gen much better than 7th. If for one reason only - integration of the factory HU. I want my A/C controls separate and I want to easily customize the interior.

You can do a lot to this car, and make it unique. I disassembled the entire interior trim in a few hours, and painted them that day, installed them the next day. easy, cost me about $5. I dissembled my headlights, painted them, and am going to install LED's inext. That'll be a $10 modification. I don't always know how to do something when I start, but I do when I'm done. Being young, you won't have access to unlimited funds. Don't get all caught up in who has the cooler car, you'll never win (unless you drive a DB9 to school). Instead, make it something you're happy with.

Honda has a ton of aftermarket parts for your engine. First, identify what version of the F23A engine you have (1, 4, or 5). Common upgrades are an AEM intake, headers, exhaust, chip, and intercooler. money can buy you speed if you find that a worthy investment.

As a platform for a sound system, you can do a lot with that car. Hell, i flush mounted a 6.5" midbass in the floor. The trunk will rattle like hell though, deadening or not. A motorized trunk latch and more deadening/MDF is my next plan.

In the end, it's up to you. As is, it's a family sedan. But it can look hot as hell if you have the desire/funds/skills. DIY is a great way to learn more about vehicles, learn an employable skill, and save a ton of cash. but not all of us are made to be mechanics. The car is well built, uber reliable, and fairly inexpensive to own. There are plenty of cars better, but they all cost more. I say, be thankful, and don't beat it to hell. Take care of it and it will take care of you. A killer paint job goes a long way too.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 AM

thanks alot man.. this helps me ALOt getting started off haha and i've thought about it and decided that i AM going to start workin with this accord.

ill check up tommorow on what engine i have and actually start looking under my hood. I can try my best to manually change everything like you did (probably saved tons of $). Im gonna stick to performance upgrades first and ill work my way around to a lip and some rims. My hubcaps are so ugly.. theyre all scratched up and broken hhaa

ill be active on this site and keep my ears open for anythin else. thanks alot and see you around

Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM

hi i two own a 02 accord only i have the v6 se i have the same lip headlights and fog only blacked out wit the sideskirts i was just wondering if u had a pic of the interior after u painted it