Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

'06 V6 Sedan rear bumper takeoff?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
gtucker4
Unregistered
Default '06 V6 Sedan rear bumper takeoff?

Hey folks, been a while since I've been here. Just wanted to know if anyone knows where I could find, or has a diagram, showing how to take the rear bumper off my EX-V6 sedan. I got backed into by a freakin' Saturn Outlook SUV, and it dimpled in my driver's side bumper corner, and scraped my left taillight. I ordered some new lamp covers, which are clear by the way. Wanted something different on my silver car, and we'll see how they look. I want to put them on by myself, and also bring the bumper somewhere to get fixed, and still be able to drive while that happens. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 PM
tigr2811
Unregistered
Default RE: '06 V6 Sedan rear bumper takeoff?

I have the '03 Accord service manual and there's just a picture not step by step instructions so it may not be perfect:

Open the trunk lid and there should be two body colored rectangular or oval plastic caps near the tail lights. Pry these off to expose bolts. Then there are 2 screws on each side at the back of the wheel wells holding the inner fenders and the bumper. Also there are 2 clips in the bottom of the bumper facing up near the back. Then it looks like you pull the sides out and slide it backwards. Probably would be helpful to have someone hold the bumper while you unscrew everything so you dont drop it.

Good luck.