Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

15% or 20% window tint?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Default 15% or 20% window tint?

For my 98-02 red Accord coupe I'm thinking of doing 20% tint all around but am not sure how the tint would appear with a beige leather interior. Would the beige leather interior be real visible through 20% during the day/night or not? Would 15% be better if the beige lightens the tint?

Can someone post pics of accords with beige leather interior with 20% window tint as well as beige leather interior with 15% window tint.

Thanks

Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

from experience with my older Accord EX Coupe with Ivory interior, I can say that with the sunshade or sunroof open, you can see the lighter color interior. but with them closed, not so much.

I would recommend the 20% only because at night its a bit easier to see out of the sides and back. also you might keep in mind local laws regarding tint. in Indiana, the law says nothing darker than 35 on the front door glass and then you can go as dark as you want on the rear side glass and back glass.

I do the 20% all around just because it looks more consistant and I can still see out of it at night.

good luck with your choice.....your coupe will look awesome either way you go.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:07 PM

I say do a 100% tint.. you know what better yet.. get some black paint, paint your windows, windshield, everything, straight black.. no tint needed..

Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Honda Fan 446
from experience with my older Accord EX Coupe with Ivory interior, I can say that with the sunshade or sunroof open, you can see the lighter color interior. but with them closed, not so much.

I would recommend the 20% only because at night its a bit easier to see out of the sides and back. also you might keep in mind local laws regarding tint. in Indiana, the law says nothing darker than 35 on the front door glass and then you can go as dark as you want on the rear side glass and back glass.

I do the 20% all around just because it looks more consistant and I can still see out of it at night.

good luck with your choice.....your coupe will look awesome either way you go.
Thanks Honda Fan for the excellent advice

Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
I say do a 100% tint.. you know what better yet.. get some black paint, paint your windows, windshield, everything, straight black.. no tint needed..
DUH...you DO know that the LOWER the percentage, the less light is passed through the glass. 100% would be NO tint....allowing 100% of the light to pass through.

I think the OP asked a legit question and shouldn't be subjected to smart @$$ comments. but that's just me.

"grim reaper", I guess if you're going to be sarcastic, at least get it right and use 00% Tint. OR as you suggested to 'solidus', maybe you should try your own paint suggestion and get back to us, telling us how that worked out for you!

in other words, lets all play nice, OK?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Fan 446
DUH...you DO know that the LOWER the percentage, the less light is passed through the glass. 100% would be NO tint....allowing 100% of the light to pass through.

I think the OP asked a legit question and shouldn't be subjected to smart @$$ comments. but that's just me.

"grim reaper", I guess if you're going to be sarcastic, at least get it right and use 00% Tint. OR as you suggested to 'solidus', maybe you should try your own paint suggestion and get back to us, telling us how that worked out for you!

in other words, lets all play nice, OK?
well I guess I don't know my tints.. omg.. it was a joke dude, learn to laugh a lil..