Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Window Tint place damaged outside rubber on rear pass window

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Arrow Window Tint place damaged outside rubber on rear pass window

I am in the process of helping a friend out with her car.
Two years ago the windows were tinted and tech that tinted the windows measured the tint on the outside of the car, and razor cut the rubber on the window channel on the right rear door. Unfortunately the Window Tint company is out of business, so my friend is SOL to try to get them to fix it.

The rubber is still on, but is obviously loose. The entire window channel (rubber piece) would have to be replaced to fix it.

My question is. Can the pieces of rubber that are flapping be cut off, without the window leaking? The piece of rubber that is sliced, is right up against the quarter glass barrier (right side/back door) of the main glass, all the way down. The piece is about 8 inches long and 1/8 (if that) wide. Its cut almost the entire way down, but not so much that it would fall off. If I cut it off, all the way, there will be 1/8 of a gap exposed to the channel. Do you think it would create more damage (water leakage) vs not cutting it off? The only complaint, right now, is that it is very noisy when driving. Just curious, as a new window channel seems a bit more of a job than I want to put my time into.

Its a pain in the ***, and I was hoping for some suggestions.
I thought about getting some black rubber silicone in a tube, but that really might not work well, and would be extra messy.

Thanks in advance for your time!

MUCH RESPECT!