Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

19 inch rims for my ex coupe any probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Default 19 inch rims for my ex coupe any probs?

so i got some 19s im going to install later today, they got 235 35s on them... should i be worried about anything messing up with these installed??? im planning to lower my car with some tein stech (1.5inch drop) should i measure before i do that, because if thats the case id rather have my car lower than have 19s on it... i got them for a great price with tires so i can always just sell them....

any responses are greatly appreciated?

Old 09-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Default RE: 19 inch rims for my ex coupe any probs?

measure first! and also, please tell me you are getting some kind of aftermarket shocks or a camber kit to go with those springs! actually, i would not bother getting springs unless you get shocks, too.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 AM

nope, didnt plan on it, i got springs for my civic long time ago and it ran fine without them... what kind do you recomend getting? should i stick to tein? i already bought the springs last night

and camber kits? are those the sway bars?

Old 09-20-2007, 06:09 PM

no, sway bars are completely different. i am actually not sure exactly what a camber kit does and i am trying to figure that out, but i know it is HIGHLY recommended to get one if you drop below 1 inch. You can go with koni shocks, but those are really expensive...the tokico set up you posted in the other thread sounded good to me, but you could stick with the tein and get (tokico, koni , etc.) shocks. btw, i have heard tokico shocks are not supposed to be used for lowered cars, but i highly doubt that because many people recommend them and have them with dropped cars.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:16 PM

i see, cool ill probably just go out and buy some tein shocks, or koni... depending on how much more cash they are...

Old 09-20-2007, 06:28 PM

Camber kits corrects your camber; when you lower your car, your wheels either bend inwards or outwards. This results in you not getting the full expected life out of your tires. Camber kits are not necessary if you go to your local auto place and get lifetime alignment.
Sway bars helps your car from understeering. When you're driving, our car tends to move either to the left or right on it's own. Now compare that to let's say a BMW, they have little to no understeer. It's like night and day.

I see that you have a 6th gen accord like I do and I would not go pass 18' rims. The ride gets crappier as you go higher than 18' with low profile tires, I have 18's right now and the ride is ok. It's not as smooth as 16's or 17's.
If you're going to lower your car, try and get shocks and springs at the same time because the ride quality will suck depending on how low you go.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:35 PM

i see, so get rid of the 19s? gotcha...

19" RSL WHEELS FOR SALE!!!! lol

ill put them up on ebay, darn i had just bought new tires too LOL that sucks

ill have to get all that stuff as i mentioned on another post

Tein Springs *ordered already
Tein Shocks
Camber kit Front
Camber Kit Rear

will this suffice? the Tein's will lower the car Approx 1.3 Inches they are the S-tech ones.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM

i am looking at the tein s-tech springs, too. -1.8f/-1.3r but i am leaning towards the eibach sportline which are -2.0f/-1.4r and i might wanna do lifetime alignment depending on how much that costs. this post should be moved to suspension! help us WBA! lol

Old 09-20-2007, 06:47 PM

lol yep it should be moved, i didnt realize 19s would expand so much suspension knoledge...

i went with tein because i have them on my EG civic hatch and they are great, even with stock shocks/struts...

in any case, i think ill have the car lowered first and see how the ride is with the 19s... before i think about sellin...

they didnt cost me much but i think they would look super sick with its lowered, right now its too damn high lol

Old 09-20-2007, 06:57 PM

the things is the higher in inches on the wheels you go, you'll have to get a low profile tire to make it fit so that there would not be any rubbing issues with your fender.
It's your call whether you want to keep those 19's or not. But before you sell them, test them on your car first to see whether you like it or not. Even though the ride quality with my 18's are somewhat good, I'll still continue to get 18's because any lower than that, it makes the wheels look small especially on the accords.
If you want to spend an extra 300-400 or so on camber kits be my guess, but if you want to save money that will also correct your camber, then just go to Firestone and get their lifetime alignment for about 135-150. And if you get an alignment every 3 months or so, you wont have to worry about cambers.

I think your 19's would rub because even with my 18's I occassionally rub going over high speed bumps.

Quick Reply: 19 inch rims for my ex coupe any probs?