Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

19 inch rims for my ex coupe any probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Default RE: 19 inch rims for my ex coupe any probs?

yea i know what you mean about the rubbing... and i didnt know i could get a lifetime alingment... thats awesome...

after i lower the car, and it starts to rub i was planning on folding the fender lip up so it has more space for the tire to fit in the wheel well...

i did this before with other cars... i hope it works on this one.... btw i have 235 35s on those 19s pretty thin... i rode on them today and they are ok
not as smooth as the stock tires and wheels but not unberable, i noticed a bit of steering wheel shaking though... that kinda sucked....

ill have to go get a life time alignment though, camber kits cost as much as the shocks or springs LOL or more...

plus even with the camber kit, youll always need a alignment anyways.... thanks for all the feed back everyone

Old 09-20-2007, 07:22 PM

I mean you can always shave your fenders, but it's personal preference. For me, I wouldnt go no higher than 18's.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM

i know what you mean bro, trust me i wanted to get 18s from the get go, but the 19s were a better deal, i got both rims and tires for less than the price i was gonna pay for just the 18 inch rims... i would have had to get tires above that ..... thats the only reason i got the 19s... because of the deal... trust me... 19s make the car slower, kill MPG more than 18s ....

i think its gonna look sick when its lowered though... ill take pix

Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 PM

I know what you mean. A deal is what we're all looking for. Luckily I got mines for a deal also since I worked it out with this guy whose family owns a tire shop. He wanted to be an online vendor but there didnt seem to much interest so it didnt turn out well, i was luck because it was at the right time and place because I was looking for some rims.
You may lose 1-2 mpg here or there, so not that much big of a difference. As for slower, it depends on how heavy the rims are. Mines are light weight and the guy said that with my set up, there's no lost in power. Also I think losing ponies is all in the person's head.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 PM

they are alot heavier than stock ill tell you that much... not sure by how much but they are....

i picked up the stockies all easy, then when it came to the rims i was like whoah... lol

its cool though theyll look nice, PLUS i needed tires, found that out after removing the front stock wheels off, the ends of the tires were all worn out, and the middle was still in ok shape lol... they must have been under inflated or something...

and as for the MPG thats cool 1 or 2 isnt that bad... not like im driving a V8 then id really be complaining....

Old 09-20-2007, 07:55 PM

haha, with a v8, I would complain everyday by the gas comsumption.
But my 18's weigh about the same as my stock, maybe a little bit heavier.
If your tires were worn out on the inside, then you might have a camber problem.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: accords own

no, sway bars are completely different. i am actually not sure exactly what a camber kit does and i am trying to figure that out, but i know it is HIGHLY recommended to get one if you drop below 1 inch. You can go with koni shocks, but those are really expensive...the tokico set up you posted in the other thread sounded good to me, but you could stick with the tein and get (tokico, koni , etc.) shocks. btw, i have heard tokico shocks are not supposed to be used for lowered cars, but i highly doubt that because many people recommend them and have them with dropped cars.
camber kits correct the negative camber of your wheels/suspension thats inherent when lowering a car such as a honda...neg camber makes your wheels go like so /.........................positive camber would be the opposite....so when you drop the car your wheels go / \...camber kits correct your wheels to continue to be straight up and down

***edit*** Might wanna look into some hub centric rings (get plastic ones!! not the steelies!! the squeak really bad) hub centric rings will center the rim on the hub...if you are having shaking sounds like either a balance problem or the rims arent dead centered on the hub...rings will fix that and shouldnt be more than like a few bucks apiece at discount tire...I payed $4 apiece for the ones for my 18s on my legend

Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 AM

ooo, i see, good discription korrupt1! thanks for the help

Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 AM

glad I could help out bro!