Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

1996 Honda Accord EX Sedan What next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Unhappy 1996 Honda Accord EX Sedan What next?

Finally, I've gotten my car to work properly in 2 to 3 years with my budget. I have a 96 Honda Accord EX. What I've done to it? Here we go. The car has a rebuilt title(ripped off 3700). After I bought it, I replaced the starter, spark plugs and wires, battery, hub bearings, fake jdm headlamps, rotors, and did a cheap job on the cam shaft seal to stop a 2 year old oil leak(all those oil trails on the street). Took me that long to figure it out myself with a friend's help. I'm going to college for automotive technology and just can't wait to fix my car just the way I like it. I am on a budget and work full time. I've lowered the front(have the back lowering springs in my trunk), put in front drill slotted rotors and an intake. All off ebay. And it's an automatic. I'm want to turn it into a FWD drifting car one day but can't afford it(only in dreams). What am I to do with it next? That's my question. I've put on stickers I got from the atlanta drift show and painted the hood and top back trunk black.(RICER) I want to turbo it next so that I'll have a car to drive but really I want to swap it too before I turbo it. What should I do to my car next? (don't want to sell it!)

Old 06-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Default Update

Lowering the back in two days.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 PM

If you want a turbo, I would recommend doing a tranny swap. Automatic cars and OEM turbos don't mix well. Think of how a turbo works, then how an automatic transmission shifts. You wouldn't be getting most out of turbo. Only way to keep tranny and compensate for that is an ECU modifacation (shifting at a higher RPM) or paddle shifters. Otherwise, if that is out of the picture, I would recommend supercharging it.
Great year and make of the Accord. I have a 98 LX VTEC.
Other wise, sounds like your making progress. If you don't have a CAI, that would be a quick, cheap, and simple installation that would give you some HP and give the car a nice feeling and sound.
Look into painting the brake calipers or upgrading the brakes (that makes a huge difference). And, if you still have stock rims, that's always a nice thing to throw out.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM

The positive of having a turbo though, is obviously the gained horsepower and the BOV. The BOV really, in my opinion completes the turbo. Also, if your getting a turbo, look for a FMIC too. They add a nice front appearance and increase performance. Another thing I forgot to mention is exhaust. Obviously you don't want it looking nor sounding to ricy, so I don't know. I would recommend a Magnaflow Exhaust or something. And a High Flow Cat too. That together would add some HP as well. Good luck on your car.