Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2006 Trunk Lid Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 AM
MaDmaXxx
Unregistered
Default 2006 Trunk Lid Emblems

Hi guys. This is my first post since I just joined today. I purhcased a 2006 Accord V6 EX-L sedan just last week and I love it! I was just starting to figure out what I want to do to it and one of the first things I was curious about was the emblems on the rear trunk lid. I was wondering if anyone has tried to remove the "H" yet and if it was secured with adhesive or if removing it would expose any mounting holes? I want to know what I'm getting into before I try and tackle it. Otherwise I'll just remove the Accord V6 emblem for the time being.

Another question I wanna throw out there is.... What is the name of the clear rock chip protector? Clear Bra or something? and what is a good deal on getting it put on? I need to get it put on within this next week since I plan on doing some freeway driving in about a week. So, any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks for helping me out and I'm sure I'll be posting more soon!

Old 08-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Default RE: 2006 Trunk Lid Emblems

i hear the clear bras by 3M are really good xpel clear protectant

they also sell headlight protectors and bulk sheets you can cover whatever with

Old 09-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Yamaroket
Unregistered

From my experience all the Hs on my Hondas(98 Civic and 03 Honda Accord)have the mounting whole in it. Not sure on the 06 Accord

Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

i hear the clear bras by 3M are really good xpel clear protectant

they also sell headlight protectors and bulk sheets you can cover whatever with
Yes, it is by 3m but it is kind of expensive.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html

Old 09-08-2006, 03:27 AM
MaDmaXxx
Unregistered

I got the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film put on last week(long name, geez)....Yeah, a bit pricey at $650 but felt it will be worth it in the long run what with all the highway traveling I'll be doing for work. It was the "extended" package so it covered up to 23" back on the hood and fenders, plus it covers the headlights, front bumper and 90% of the painted part of the side mirrors. The guy told me it's a pain to remove, bad for him but good for us since it's doing it's job.

I've got an appointment to get my windows tinted this coming Monday, doing 35% on the 5 windows. I'm excited about that since I've never had any of my cars windows tinted. I'm hoping it'll turn out okay. I don't want to be all gangsta or anything, just want it to look nice and help keep my leather seats from tearing off my skin during the hot days. o.0

Thanks for the reply Yamaroket, I'm assuming that the holes are there too. I'll take a look at it but won't keep my hopes up.

I know it won't be a whole lot to look at but I'll post some pics after I get the tint done and my trunk emblems off. Should be in the next week or so.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:31 PM
1BADSS
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: MaDmaXxx

I got the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film put on last week(long name, geez)....Yeah, a bit pricey at $650 but felt it will be worth it in the long run what with all the highway traveling I'll be doing for work. It was the "extended" package so it covered up to 23" back on the hood and fenders, plus it covers the headlights, front bumper and 90% of the painted part of the side mirrors. The guy told me it's a pain to remove, bad for him but good for us since it's doing it's job.

I've got an appointment to get my windows tinted this coming Monday, doing 35% on the 5 windows. I'm excited about that since I've never had any of my cars windows tinted. I'm hoping it'll turn out okay. I don't want to be all gangsta or anything, just want it to look nice and help keep my leather seats from tearing off my skin during the hot days. o.0

Thanks for the reply Yamaroket, I'm assuming that the holes are there too. I'll take a look at it but won't keep my hopes up.

I know it won't be a whole lot to look at but I'll post some pics after I get the tint done and my trunk emblems off. Should be in the next week or so.
Once you have windows tinted, you'll NEVER have another car without them.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 AM

i debadged the back of my new 06, there are two hole under the H sign that can be fixed with bondo and touch-up paint

Old 10-05-2006, 08:46 PM

There are 2 holes under the H emblem and the proper way to fill them is to weld them in and get them painted. I would suggest just taking the Accord emblem off and leave the H.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:11 AM
bunnz
Unregistered

Hey MaDmaXxx... we just picked our 06 Accord EX-L last weekend also! Great car, drove directly from the Bay Area to San Diego to test er out. No issues except... the trunk deck takes a good deal of lift to get er up and will not stay up unless competely to the stops. Does yours do the same thing? Our 95 accord had a pneumatic assist that basically allowed it to stay in most any position.
thanks in advance for your response and looking forward to seeing your tint job. we are considering the same.
regards
bunnz

Old 05-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: sickbxy

i debadged the back of my new 06, there are two hole under the H sign that can be fixed with bondo and touch-up paint
Did you completely shave the holes or did you just get a new emblem?