Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Rear Bumper/Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Default Rear Bumper/Trunk Lid

So I went to get my car and even as I approched from the distance I could tell something had happened to it. as I got closer I saw the car parked behind it completly destroyed, mine had a cracked rear bumber and the trunk lid is now out of alignment, so closing it is really difficult. Who did it? For his own sake and my own I rather not find out.

So How do I remove the trunk lid so I can straighten it up? and is putting it back just the exact procedure backwards? Anything I should be careful with? (cables, bars, connections) what tools will I need? and is it a one man job or will I need my Peeps?

As a follow up question: How do I remove the rear Bumper? the think is totally cracked, but incredibly is in its place as firm as it nothing had happened. its only craked on the right side, but the impact knocked off the taps that hold it in place on the sides. but under the plate(which I'm told is where it really connects with the frame of the car) is intact. so Ill need to remove it without breaking anything else and get a replacement, which I intend to do myself. for this second Job, what tools will I need and so on and so forth.

Thank you very much

Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Rear Bumper/Trunk Lid

Sorry to hear about that I hope you do find out though so they can pay to get it fixed! If I were you I would go buy a Haynes manual and it should be pretty thorough in how to remove it, or go to your library and look in a chiltons book. Good luck!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Actually try these links

Trunk:
http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/framerq.asp

Bumper:
http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/framerq.asp

Let us know how it goes please

Old 03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Okay, sry those dont work. Anyways, go to this site
http://search.ebscohost.com/Login.as...uthtype=ip,uid

User: user
Password: password

Then go to 'Auto Repair Reference Center' and from there get you Accord n' such and it has the instructions.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 AM

man, good site. they don't have anything on the trunk, but they have lots of useful stuff. thanks for sharing.